The TV Series discussion thread

Ok, I finished season 6 of TWD,

and even though I knew who was gonna get it, it was still a really intense episode. Especially the last part. The dude playing Negan did a good job of being intense.

The only thing I didn't really like was that they decided to keep the person Negan kills as a cliffhanger. That's kind of petty and cynical of the writers. Dangling that kind of thing in front of the people that watched as it aired.

But then again, TWD kind of lost that level of expectation from me, which I'd normally have from a very thoughtful series. It's mostly pop-corn entertainment for a lot of seasons now. So I guess it's kind of expected from that.

I'd really hate it if I saw that kind of thing from, say, The Last of Us. It would really cheapen the experience.

So the series is kind of back on track, at least up until now.

S7Ep1 contains the most horrific thing I've ever seen. Can't believe it aired on tv!

S7Ep1 contains the most horrific thing I've ever seen. Can't believe it aired on tv!

I just finished it, and man, even though I had parts of it spoiled before seeing it, it was intense as fuck. It really was a jolt to the system, these last 2 episodes. And yeah, the actor playing Negan was pretty fantastic in playing a sadistic villan, trying to make his position understood.

Having read your comment about the episode before seeing it, I was sure he'd actually have Rick cut Carl arm off. Not sure why he didn't go through with it. Did he think doing that would cause more harm in the point he was driving across? I guess doing that to Rick would pretty much make him worthless to Negan. As much as Rick is affected by the sadistic show put on by Negan, I think actually maiming Carl would likely make Rick uncontrolable?

Anyway, that was one intense episode.

Oh lordy, that's gonna be pure awful. Someone needs to hide the cow, because the milk has gone rather sour on this premise, lol. Especially if the same people behind the current show are also involved in this one. Run, do not walk for the exit!!

I still have PTSD from what they did to Fear the Walking Dead. I really, really liked season 3 and then they just systematically ruined it to the point where I didn't even make it through season 4.

It says this spinoff is a mini-series of 6 episodes, so at least they're not trying to start another ongoing (yet)

Yup, I tried Fear the Walking Dead, and bailed in I think it was the third series. It got rather repetitive and boring, and some of the new people really didn't interest me at all. Getting rid of the lady from Deadwood was not smart, unlike many of the others on the show she at least can act.

Yup, I tried Fear the Walking Dead, and bailed in I think it was the third series. It got rather repetitive and boring, and some of the new people really didn't interest me at all. Getting rid of the lady from Deadwood was not smart, unlike many of the others on the show she at least can act.

Sounds to me like you bailed at the same point I did, in the fourth season. Madison (lady from Deadwood) was on the show until partway through that fourth season and that's also when they added characters like Morgan.

I felt the sea change was desperately needed at that point. I was SO done with Rick being as ass-clown, and Madison was a hateful bitch. I wanted both of them violently dead at that time. That said they didn't need to throw out so much else from FTWD, but maybe some actors had issues with the new direction.

I felt the sea change was desperately needed at that point. I was SO done with Rick being as ass-clown, and Madison was a hateful bitch.

You mean Nick? I actually liked that character quite a bit. I hated him at first, but he really grew on me after awhile.

He wasn't written out of the show. Frank Dillane asked to leave because he wanted to move on to other things.

Now that HBO GO has been migrated to HBO MAX in another 15 new countries (mine included), I've gotten access to a boatload of content of new content.

Too bad they actually managed to make the tv video player even more rudimentary and light on options than the HBO GO one. There isn't even the option to jump to the next episode, while on a series. You have to back out, and then manually select the next episode you want to play. Man, they should be embarrased.

And it also seems to have the same issue as HBO GO, in that it takes a couple of seconds before it's able to get the stream at a high-resolution.

You mean Nick? I actually liked that character quite a bit. I hated him at first, but he really grew on me after awhile.

He wasn't written out of the show. Frank Dillane asked to leave because he wanted to move on to other things.
I was wondering why Frank quit since we saw Nick alive at the end of the previous season. But no, I think Rick Grimes is an ass-clown. I don't understand why anyone goes along with him.

I didn't like Madison either, but at the same time I thought she was crucial to the show's dynamic. And the way they shuffled her off the show was stupid... made even more obviously stupid by bringing her back now three or whatever (real time) years later.

Nod, I didn't care for Madison the character, yet I thoroughly enjoyed the actress in the role, I thought she brought a necessary presence to the show that no one else was delivering. When they eliminated that character and tried to bring in others, that's when I pulled my plug. So yeah it must have been the fourth series then, because I do remember when she left.

I was wondering why Frank quit since we saw Nick alive at the end of the previous season. But no, I think Rick Grimes is an ass-clown. I don't understand why anyone goes along with him.

Ah ok, I thought you were talking about Nick from FTWD since you mentioned Madison.

I liked Rick Grimes for a long time, but, like everyone else on TWD, he eventually became much too predictable.

I cannot believe the actor playing Negan is that desperate for work. I've never seen him in the part, though if it follows the comics to any degree, I can certainly imagine how the character was portrayed on screen. Maybe they offered him the proverbial pile of money, who knows. And while I've not seen him in this role, I've seen him in plenty others, and I think he's talented.

Seeing the new spin-off series of TWD, with Negan and Maggie working together? WTF? Is that where the main series is heading towards? How the hell does that happen after what Negan did?

It happens when a network is attempting to squeeze anything that remains out of their cash cow. :)

Back
Top Bottom