The TV Series discussion thread

The showrunner changed and what had been the core of the show (Madison's family) disintegrated and boy could you tell. I bailed at this point, midway through season 4. From what I've heard, it doesn't get better for some time (if at all)

I guess the showrunner changed at the start of season 4? I liked to quite liked season 4, up until around ep 5-6. Then it kind of fell off a cliff.

The only thing I'm still a bit interested is I hear there's more of Dwight, from the original series. I quite liked that character.

Also, Morgan is pissing me off again. His bright idea to keeping people from getting killed, since he's a pacifist, is telling the main antagonists where his people are gonna be, so that they are gonna be ambushed. God dammit.

Yeah, Fear the Walking Dead had an excellent premise with a solid cast, then everything went to heck really quickly. Granted the first series was a tich slow, yet from there it went along pretty well until Madison....well, transported off the show or something.

I was thinking about it last night and I have this wild theory on what might happen for the next few Better Call Saul episodes. Based on one of the episodes in Breaking Bad, where we first meet Saul Goodman, he's obviously terrified by some people that confront him, and I'm wondering if that means Lalo is still around in the future. So, assuming that's the case, why would Saul be afraid of him years later?

What if Saul gives him up, as he knows the identity that Lalo is using. It would explain the terror and him mentioning Ignacio(Nacho) in the future, and boy howdy, would Lalo come after ANYONE that did such a thing to him. I love shows like this, I've not had a show cause me to think so much since Lost.

What if Saul gives him up, as he knows the identity that Lalo is using. It would explain the terror and him mentioning Ignacio(Nacho) in the future, and boy howdy, would Lalo come after ANYONE that did such a thing to him. I love shows like this, I've not had a show cause me to think so much since Lost.

That would explain the line from Breaking Bad, but I think there's a 0.0% chance that Lalo survives this show.

Probably true, in the sense that most shows don't let the villains live, yet in this case I hope it ends well for Lalo.....well, in the sense that he survives. Heck, I'd watch a spin-off show featuring him if such a thing were in the cards!

Probably true, in the sense that most shows don't let the villains live, yet in this case I hope it ends well for Lalo…..well, in the sense that he survives. Heck, I'd watch a spin-off show featuring him if such a thing were in the cards!

No, in the sense that if he had, it wouldn't make any sense that he wouldn't show up in Breaking Bad. Jimmy is still in New Mexico, still practicing law under the same name. And not a peep? Nah.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised that Better Call Saul has went on for this long. I'm glad AMC is wrapping it up now though instead of trying to milk it like they've done to other shows.

I finally got around the checking out the third episode of Outer Ranger, and while some aspects of this show are pretty interesting, I think it's doing a huge mis-service by throwing out so many new questions without resolving past ones. And I finished my re-watch of Atlanta, the second series, and again I'm reminded of just how fine a show is crafted here. That finale of the second series is really good, with Earnest truly showing how loyal he is to Alfred, beyond any question.

Finished the infamous ep 8 of s4 of FTWD. At least infamous for what I knew was about to happen.

It was ok for the most part, but it really suffered from the lack of "show don't tell" syndrome. This whole season used the gimmick of Althea recording people talking about their past experiences, which was ok, since it was just a vehicle to flashback to past events. But in ep 8 they kinda jumped the shark. Filming the characters telling the viewer what happened (and them even knowing stuff they likely couldn't know from their vantage point), while showing short slow-motion shots what happened and constantly cutting back to the people narrating was very stiff and emotion-less. And also, since there are multiple people talking, cutting from one to the other, to finish each others lines was also kinda corny.

I was a bit surprised since I thought I heard ep 9 was supposed to do this reveal. I hope they don't plan on dragging this out some more for some more attempts at emotional impact.

The Walking Dead spinoff with Daryl and Carol is apparently just going to be about Daryl now. Melissa McBride is exiting the show.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/wa...-exits-carol-daryl-spinoff-series-1235242716/

I never got what "chemistry" there was between the two characters. I didn't see any, just a forced attempt, imo. And I'm not much of fan of Carol as a character. She's ok, but I never got very much attached.

On the other hard, it does seem that another spin-off series of the TWD is too much. While I liked Daryl, he does turned into the same-note character. Maybe I'm just burned out on walking dead. :D

So, wait, there's gonna be two more spin-offs? This one and the one with Maggie and Negan? Holy shit, I think I might be done for a long time with the walking dead. I just need them to release part 3 of S11.

I never got what "chemistry" there was between the two characters. I didn't see any, just a forced attempt, imo. And I'm not much of fan of Carol as a character. She's ok, but I never got very much attached.

I agree. I think the show might actually have more potential now.

On the other hard, it does seem that another spin-off series of the TWD is too much. While I liked Daryl, he does turned into the same-note character. Maybe I'm just burned out on walking dead. :D

So, wait, there's gonna be two more spin-offs? This one and the one with Maggie and Negan? Holy shit, I think I might be done for a long time with the walking dead. I just need them to release part 3 of S11.

Yeah, there are at least two more spinoffs coming, and there might be more. It's kind of ridiculous. They were also talking about one with Rick and Michonne, but I'm not sure what happened there.

I agree. I think the show might actually have more potential now.

Yeah, their relationship somehow just seemed to me like between the child and the old annoying mother that doesn't want to let him be. Even though he's a grown man and can make his own decisions. Especially in the later seasons, she always felt like she was badgering him. In the first seasons I was sure they were gonna take their relationship into a romantic direction.

There's really no contest, as far as women in the walking dead universe, between Carol and say, Madison. She was way better, both as an actress and character. But then again, I'm biased since I also liked the actress while she played in Deadwood. Now she was a strong mother figure, compare to Carol, who kinda seemed like a badgering mother.

Yeah, their relationship somehow just seemed to me like between the child and the old annoying mother that doesn't want to let him be. Even though he's a grown man and can make his own decisions. Especially in the later seasons, she always felt like she was badgering him. In the first seasons I was sure they were gonna take their relationship into a romantic direction.

It's funny because I was almost sure at one point that they were eventually going to reveal Daryl as being gay. He was the only major character to not have a relationship all those years up until Season 10(?). Then he met that woman who was living by herself in a cabin, and they got freaky. :)

If the runners, writers and show guides are staying in place for the new Walking Dead show, I've no hopes that it will be any good, certainly nothing like the comic. I vividly remember some bloke, Gimble maybe was the name, doing these broad strokes for a series and I was thinking, "yeah, now I know why I don't care for this."

Close: Gimple. Scott Gimple.

I have zero interest in a Daryl spinoff. He got boring ages ago. I likely have no interest in a Negan/Maggie spinoff, but I'm slightly curious to see how they would do such a thing. My guess is poorly, but on the off chance that they could retain their antagonism and explore it in a mature and interesting way, that could have some potential. (I haven't watched their season 11 interactions, so for all I know they've already done a crap job)

I finished the second season of Bridgerton, and again it was a joy to watch. :D

Now I have started with the second season of the highly praised HBO series Succession (imdb: 8.8) on my own, since my husband quit after having dragged himself through the first season because of the highly unlikeable characters. Tom especially annoyed him.

Indeed, they are a weird, despicable bunch. However, they manage to live up to the expectation I have of the people in power: greedy, egotistical, spoiled.
After one season though I actually started to pity the hypocritical children, who hate and fear their ruthless father but love to win his company and thereby his approval, or a mere word of praise.
Daft Tom and naive but learning Greg add to the absurdity, which some describe as 'The Office humor'.

I have never been a fan of The Office, but I am very much interested in how this Succession drama plays out, I fear total ruin of every one and everything, deliberately and what is left undestroyed: by accident. :)

The writing (dialogues) is great, as is the acting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom