The TV Series discussion thread

I'd agree for now, I'm two episodes into the third season of Lost in Space, and it, to me, seems much improved over the prior season.

I wrapped up the fourth series of Good Fight the other night, it was so good to see the show not choke itself on Trump and focus on something else, namely memo 618. The whole concept of the firm now having overlords is interesting, so I'm keeping a keen eye on that. A stand-out thread from this series was Lucca, balancing her work and child plus her interactions with a wealthy friend. And any appearance from John Laroquette is a bonus, imo!

I've started watching a show called Animal Kingdom, which seems to be focused on a family that robs/steals for a living. Not really my favorite theme yet there are a few cast members that I enjoy, so there's that.

I'm in the 2nd season of Dark and I like it so far.

It's a lot of characters though, since each is usually seen at 2 or 3 periods of their life, with intricate relationships. Now it's getting easier, but near the end of season 1 it was confusing.
I wouldn't like to have to let it rest one year until the next season is released. ;)

I'm in the 2nd season of Dark and I like it so far.

It's a lot of characters though, since each is usually seen at 2 or 3 periods of their life, with intricate relationships. Now it's getting easier, but near the end of season 1 it was confusing.
I wouldn't like to have to let it rest one year until the next season is released. ;)
Yeah, it's not easy keeping track of everyone. I remember rewatching the first season before watching the second just to refresh my memory. Glad you're enjoying it.

Oh yeah, I was also having difficulties keeping track of characters, most often as to who in what timeline they are, and in relation to the others. But it was also pretty fun.
The worst thing about Dark is how much it repeats itself. Sometimes you really feel like they keep hammering the same thing. A lot of time by actually repeating the exact same catch-phrases. Almost becoming an anthem.
It really didn't need that much. It could've been more subtle.

But all in all, it was decent. A solid story for what it was trying to tell. At least I wasn't disappointed by feeling like having the rug pulled off from under me, like in 1899.

But all in all, it was decent. A solid story for what it was trying to tell. At least I wasn't disappointed by feeling like having the rug pulled off from under me, like in 1899.
It definitely feels much better than 1899. Though maybe a little artificial sometimes, as if they had a big brainstorming to see how they could best use every character and have everything significant.

I also enjoyed Dark back when I watched it, and yeah, I do remember the repetition it constantly had, often numerous times per episode. Unfortunately it's not the only show/film that does this, I've never been impressed with productions that think the viewer is either not paying attention or unable to comprehend the story to the point where parts have to be repeated. It's downright insulting in some cases.

Last night I wrapped up the most recent iteration of Lost in Space, and overall I found it rather disappointing. If I ever feel like revisiting the Robinson's I'll likely rewatch the version from the sixties.

And to fill in the gap I'm heading back to Ozark! I watched the first episode of series two last night and I'm pretty hooked, I like where the whole Del situation is headed, looks like lots of incoming grief.

I'm well into the second series of Ozark now, and digging it entirely. The whole Del scenario hasn't played out as I thought it might, and some of the auxiliary characters are somewhat tedious, I'm hoping for a seriously good climax as a finale.

I started watching The Witcher: Blood Origin. I made it through the first episode and half of the second before turning it off. It's awful.

I've put the Cabinet of Curiosities on hold for a while now, and only now saw the episode "The Autopsy". Pretty cool episode.
I absolutely loved the voice actor that voices the dude that under the control of the lovecraftian parasite.
The look of the parasite should've been a lot more non-descript and with more tentacles imo, but the voice of creature was great!

I finished the second series of Ozark, overall I thought it was a solid ten hours. The whole cartel fiasco didn't play out like I thought it might, yet the show's resolution worked for me. I think one of the characters I enjoy the most is Ruth, she simply seems caught between a terrible family dynamic and poor choices, for the most part. And I vacillate on my thoughts for Marty, often he's brilliant and, at other times, seems thick as a rock.

You're enjoying it more than me :D It's just not gripping me all that much and I often find myself going days between episodes. I think part of what makes it uninteresting for me is the way Marty and his wife are written. They don't come across as stressed, nor is the frantic desperation I'd expect in that life/death situation present.

Back
Top Bottom