The TV Series discussion thread

There were several people that made comments during the course of the first twenty episodes about Marty and "other mental issues" he may or may not have, and I'm pretty sure that's going to be significant going forward. I won't be putting off the third series for too long, though just now I'm back to the fourth season of the Crown, and it's started off grand. =)

I eventually managed to watch Dark from start to finish, on my second attempt. Very enjoyable at times, with good ending. However, I found it a bit over-complicated at times, due to the time-travelling theme. Also, I think they could have made it a few episodes shorter.

Yup totally agree on Dark, especially about some necessary editing that could have happened with the second series. I did enjoy it overall yet doubt I'd ever re-watch it.

Still in season 3 of Dark, I'll probably finish it just to see what happens but the motivation is gone. The 2 first seasons were good but the 3rd is overly convoluted and they keep throwing scientific terms around that they obviously don't understand, like quantum entanglement and God particle, which is very distracting. :ROFLMAO:

Still in season 3 of Dark, I'll probably finish it just to see what happens but the motivation is gone. The 2 first seasons were good but the 3rd is overly convoluted and they keep throwing scientific terms around that they obviously don't understand, like quantum entanglement and God particle, which is very distracting. :ROFLMAO:
I was ok with that. What really annoyed the hell out of me was the constant repeating of the same old couple of lines, by the narrator. I can't remember what they were, but it was shocking that it made it like that past all editing.

I checked out the Van Helsing series on Netflix last night. I thought it sounded cool (vampires in a post-apoc setting), but the production values and acting are B level at best. I stopped at the third episode.

I started the most recent Yellowstone series the other night, the fifth I believe. I really wasn't impressed with how quickly the gubanatorial process went, I really thing that should have encompassed an entire series or two, they would have had extensive fodder to play with for lots of episodes. It almost seems like the show is settling into a Dallas-style rhythm, which has the potential to become monotonous and boring for me, should it continue.

Oh and simply as a reminder, I do often find telly shows that I do actually enjoy! Last night I watched episode three of the fourth series for the Crown, the one where Charles proposes to Diana. What a tour de force this entire episode is, splendid acting, no real surprises if you lived during the era, yet still enthralling. The musical picks seem fairly lame, perhaps the royals simply listen to what's on the radio or something, though I did hear some Ultravox, so there's hope yet!

We just finished watching both seasons of "The White Lotus." I'm mixed. I didn't like either season but I was always excited to start a new episode, and as soon as season 1 finished we started season 2 immediately. I somehow really enjoyed both seasons of a show I don't like.

Just started 'The Mayor of Kingstown' tonight. A little difficult for me to follow, but I plan on watching more.

Also watching 'Tulsa King'. Always been a fan of Stallone. It feels a little predictable and hokey, but it's still fun to watch. Without Stallone I wouldn't be interested.

I wrapped up the fourth series of the Crown last night, and it was really excellent! I do like how the show didn't overlook Sarah Spencer, her role was pivotal in what would become the marriage of the century. The only miscue I was concerned about was Anderson portraying Thatcher and, while at least for me the two resemble each other not at all, the actor did nail the voice/mannerisms almost scarily good.

And I started watching something new, Sneaky Pete. I've only watched the pilot so far yet I'm intrigued, gonna check out a few more episodes at least.

And speaking of a stellar episode of telly, I'll refer you to episode one of the third series for Ozark....at the end, there's the perfect use of a song to illustrate the mood of the person on the screen, everything they've endured recently, both mentally and physically. Often I'm amazed at how out of place some musical selections are in a show, yet this one nailed it perfectly. The Daily Mail strikes again!

And of course, it's Radiohead. Well done, indeed.

While I didn't gel with the concept after the final plot twist, and it did kind of ruin what I was hoping it would be, I am sad for people that liked it.
I would be curious as to the reason why it was cancelled. I assume low viewership? Or low along with the cost of production? Or maybe Netflix is just cutting left and right to cut costs? No idea, and I guess we'll likely never know.

Maybe because they ripped off a graphic novel to make it.
Not sure how true that is, unless you're familiar with the graphic novel. I am not.
I remember watching some analysis of that accusation, and the dude said the parts that could be misconstrued as ripped off are very debatable.
Plus, while I'm not familiar with the graphic novel, if we're gonna say it ripped off something I would more glaringly say they ripped off
The Matrix. Which is the main reason I hated the plot-twist, and considered it ruined the series for me.

Not sure how true that is, unless you're familiar with the graphic novel. I am not.
I remember watching some analysis of that accusation, and the dude said the parts that could be misconstrued as ripped off are very debatable.
Plus, while I'm not familiar with the graphic novel, if we're gonna say it ripped off something I would more glaringly say they ripped off
The Matrix. Which is the main reason I hated the plot-twist, and considered it ruined the series for me.
I haven't read the graphic novel, but I've seen a comparison and it's more than similar, there are shots and specific elements that appear to be directly lifted from the book.

Back
Top Bottom