The TV Series discussion thread

Just started season 2 in my rewatch of Westworld. That first season is still my favorite single season of any show.

Enjoyed binge watching Strange New Worlds.The ensemble is likeable and writing is good and the world building is great. A return to exploration and mostly self contained episodes is a win. Feels like the original series. Looking forward to season 2.

Rewatched The Witcher season 1 and I like it a lot more than season two, now that I can follow all the time switches.

Nod, right behind Picard series three, I'd put Strange New Worlds as recent Star Trek that actually kinda resembles what the show should really be like. I'm hoping the upcoming second series is even better.

Each successive season of Westworld loses an element that that made the first one awesome. S4 still has an interesting plot and good acting, but it's a shadow of what it was.

I checked out a new show, at least new for me, called the Diplomat, starring Keri Russell, Rufus Sewell, Mike McKean and a host of others. I've only watched the pilot so far yet I'll be back for more!

I checked out Beef on Netflix. I'm halfway through and finding it entertaining enough, though I liked the way it started a lot more than the direction it seems to be heading.

Enjoying Ted Lasso at the moment, quite a few others look pretty interesting though.

I'm still shocked that my mother is actually enjoying Twin Peaks! We're at the sixth episode of the second series and, while some of it has been a bit much for her, at least for now she's sticking with it.

On my own I'm enjoying the Diplomat, three episodes done so far and I'm eager for the rest. I should be able to knock out another one or two this upcoming weekend.

I'm still shocked that my mother is actually enjoying Twin Peaks! We're at the sixth episode of the second series and, while some of it has been a bit much for her, at least for now she's sticking with it.

On my own I'm enjoying the Diplomat, three episodes done so far and I'm eager for the rest. I should be able to knock out another one or two this upcoming weekend.
I largely gave up the second back in the day. When I came back to watch it I couldn't follow it midstream. The whirlwind of publicity seem to kill the show. The Showtime season was good/wasn't bad and was a huge boon for Showtime but Lynch wasn't interested in a third season (wanted more money?) so he bailed. Of course, the actors were all dieing.
---
I've been wanting to check out the Diplomat. With summer here and the strike on maybe I'll finally check it out.

I remember an interview with Lynch where he didn't seem disinterested in making another season of Twin Peaks, but he said it would be awhile if it happens because it took him 4 years(!) to make Season 3.

I remember an interview with Lynch where he didn't seem disinterested in making another season of Twin Peaks, but he said it would be awhile if it happens because it took him 4 years(!) to make Season 3.
The way he ended the third, plus all the open questions, begs for a forth. I'd hate it if that's how he left it.
But then again he's not exactly getting young. So I hope he manages another. Would be great.

Indeed and, gosh, the way most of the cast is passing away over the past twenty years, if Lynch wants to do something more, he'd best get a hustle on it. I love all the Twin Peaks art, the books, telly shows and film are all fantastic.

The way he ended the third, plus all the open questions, begs for a forth. I'd hate it if that's how he left it.
But then again he's not exactly getting young. So I hope he manages another. Would be great.
If he ever does go back to Twin Peaks, I hope it's more in the style of the first two seasons.

If he ever goes back it will certainly deal with the ramifications of what Cooper did when he snatched Laura Palmer out of her timeline. Unless that turns out to be some weird dream or something, because that literally changed everything, seeing that in a particular time line, she never died.

Back
Top Bottom