The TV Series discussion thread

Thrasher

Wheeee!
Well latest Ahsoka episode is pretty good. Serious fan service has got me hooked.

EDIT: And it is well worth a re-watch, especially in 4k. Clone Wars fans rejoice!

Last edited:

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch
I wanted a real nostalgia trip so I binged through 3 seasons (out of 4) of Cow and Chicken, a cartoon I loved as a kid.
It's still great and so wacky and out there.

And I can't believe I never looked into this, but apparently the same voice actor, Charlie Adlier, did all 3 of the main characters: Cow, Chicken and the Red Guy.
Absolutely insanely impressive voice actor. And all three a great, but Cow and the Red guy steal the show.
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WFoMmP6TcP8

Carnifex

SasqWatch
I've been catching up on the Lower Decks Star Trek show, now some of these episodes are....well, simply not for me. Some others, like the one I saw last night that takes place mainly on Deep Space Nine are much more in my realm. It's hit or miss for me with most of them, yet with a book handy I can tolerate most.

Carnifex

SasqWatch
Peanut Hamper on Lower Decks might be my newest guilty enjoyment. She's simply beyond wacky, kind of like between Hannibal Lector and some teenage pop singer. In all the worst ways. -p

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm intrigued by the hint that it's connected to the events of Season 1 in some way.

On a side note, I just realized Season 1 is nearly 10 years old at this point. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

I wonder if the delay to January has anything to do with the anniversary. The first episode of True Detective aired on January 12th 2014, so almost 10 years to the day.

Carnifex

SasqWatch
Yeah, this one has huge potential to be riveting, especially if there really is a connection to the first series. I'm a big fan of Foster as well, and the rest of the cast looks sound, which can only ramp up the anticipation.

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Pass not interested in the show or much of anything on TV or steaming anymore.

I've realized I'm not the target for over 95% of the content.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch
On a whim I started a series I tried ages ago, but for some reason I dropped off after the second or third episode. Boardwalk Empire.
I wonder if I'll stick around this time.

Somehow I also forgot Michael Shannon is in it. And he Buscemi are probably the highlights.
And I see Bobby Cannavale will also show up at some point. Nice. He's been on the radar ever since seeing him as Irving in Mr. Robot.

Last edited:

Carnifex

SasqWatch
Boardwalk Empire, to me, is pretty good. Yeah there are some hit/miss episodes and some characters that I thought the show could do without, yet taken on a whole it tells a good, long story. One of these days I will rewatch this one.

Carnifex

SasqWatch
I'd somehow lost track of Reservation Dogs, I had watched the first series and completely forgotten to continue on. Last week I started the second season and I'm four episodes in so far, still digging it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch
I checked out the first episode of the Boys spinoff, and it was ok. I still don't get the staring into mobiles thing, probably not aimed at me anyways. Where I think this show could seriously improve is in the music, most of which was completely unrecognizable, though two songs did stand out: first was an Idol cover, which btw, wtf wouldn't you use the original artist? Sometimes a cover can be grand, yet this wasn't one of those occasions. The second, finally, was a very appropriate song by Hole. I mean, I would have packed this show with grunge/alternative/metal songs, for the most part it's taking place at university, so it would work, imo. Anyways, I'll likely check out another episode or two this week. I think the show was called Gen V.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch
I'm thinking of retrying Fringe, due to seeing it mentioned by a booktuber I sometimes follow.
I had tried it back when it originally aired, and I think went in for a couple of episodes but dropped off for some reason. It might have been lack of engagement on my part.
But kept hearing about it as the years went on. Anyone have any experience with the Fringe tv series.
And I now notice it stars the actress that played Tess in The Last of Us. Another nice one is John Noble; he's decent.
The one actor I don't find too likable is Joshua Jackson.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch
I watched the pilot of Fringe, and was surprised I remembered nothing of the original viewing, back when it originally aired. And I certainly don't remember it being this hard to suspend my disbelief.
But you weren't kidding when it comes to it being a bit silly. You really have to suspend disbelief. Even more-so than in X-Files.
In X-Files most of unbelievable tech was mostly coming from the aliens.
In Fringe, in the very first episode our scientist shows that he's been known to tinker in a sort of subconscious telepathy tech that he is able to use to help our protagonist talk to someone in a coma.

Anyway, I'll keep watching, here and there. I'll see how it goes. It's sort of an easy digest, so that can be nice to view every now and then. Not everything has to be intense.

Top Bottom