The TV Series discussion thread

There were some things I did enjoy.
I absolutely LOVE how it's clear that Bran manipulated things for quite some time. Even his discussions with Tyrion where Bran is acting coy, but is just setting up a long con. Bran put all of his family that wanted positions of power right where they'd fit best: Aegon/Jon is King Beyond the Wall, Sansa holds Winterfell, and I'm sure he would have taken care of Arya as well had she wanted a place. Seeing Arya take off west was cool as well, evoking memories of the one Targaryen lass that did the same thing around one hundred and fifty years ago. It would be quite something to see some sort of follow-up on what Arya might encounter on the far seas.

I think also the show might have ended exactly where it began, with a group headed out from Castle Black to the north. Granted the first group was a bit smaller, but it was a nice nod.

But Bran, we'll never know exactly how much he knew and controlled all along. It's plainly obvious though, that he did quite a lot. Oh and his sigil being a raven was pretty cool as well. Sansa's was bit odd, I'm assuming it was a weirwood and not just a bunch of flowers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't perfect
What wasn't perfect? Things you numbered "not cared" in spoiler tags? Or irrelevant technicalities?
See, I find things that matter to the story perfect to a microscopic precision. The life is rotten, a society made by humans even more and screenplay writers, IMO, nailed it. btw, we sure the last season screenplay wasn't made by Jodorowsky?

That aside, because I promised not to write about before it ends I didn't say this…
Can't pretend any more not seeing during this season numerous boohoos because something silly. To those I can only say, your favorite barbie doll got busted, then the next one, then next, boohoo some more and join any club of spitters if you please, but to pan the season because of it, sorry, that ain't fair towards it. Isn't fairness exactly you're calling out for? I mean, yeah, a brick killed someone. Of course a brick can kill someone. Was it supposed not to?
Additionally, the last season was almost without any tits. Half of whiners criticize the show's ending season only because there wasn't an escaping tit every 5 minutes but refuse to admit it.

Clearly, I liked the final season. Overall. Not every single bit though, but then it would be strange I did.
All these "errors" are however storywise irrelevant. For example, a trebuchet can't really throw something 2-3 miles away, we know it from videogames, we know it from history, we know it from common sense too, and of course it looked silly on the screen.
So what. Not only this is a fantasy show, it's one of rare examples where an above average material became mainstream. Usually, mainstream is a boring mediocrity. If nothing, this show wasn't boring.

A prequel will come next, some say. I'll just skippit. I don't have time for beating the already dead horse bullshit.
A spinoff taking place "west of Westeros"? Definetly interested.
Sequel with a new cast happening, let's say, a 100 of years after GoT? Gimme.
Something else? Dunno, as long as it doesn't target low IQ audience, I'll give it a shot.

The only thing left unclear, at least to me, we never learned what happened with a baby given to the, as someone calls him on previous pages, Scion. In one of previous seasons we saw he turned a living baby into a blueeyed creature. Don't tell me the baby just as every Scion's "follower" automatically turned into ice and shattered - we saw that happening only to undead.

Who's Scion is another unclear thing? Sure it is, but who cares - for prequels?

Last edited:
A spin-off? There are 3 spin-offs in the works according to a previous post ;)
I highly doubt anyone was complaining because there weren't tits and ass. It's hardly why you'd watch a TV show..
Complaints about stuff that seems unrealistic, well, that depends on what it is. Does it make sense in the world they've already established or not? This is clearly Dark Fantasy which is going for a rather gritty and realistic style for much of the stuff.. but yeah for the most part i agree about complaining too much about "unrealistic things".

- I don't believe any of it, or should I say I believe all rumors till proven false. The only confirmed thing so far is that HBO dropped one prequel draft as I've seen some official word on it somewhere.
- You don't want to believe. Ask around. Not on facebook, ask RL acquaintances.
- In fantasy genre, nothing needs to make sense except villains. ;)

Martin is not a HBO employee. He can say anything he wants because he earned so much $ he doesn't have to write any more books.

Because he's a disgusting creature.

"ok".

I think we can clearly assume that one will be about Arya, it was set up exactly like that "don't you want to follow her new adventures *hunch* *hunch*"

Also just because they're working on 3 doesn't mean they'll all come out.. there are many series being scrapped ..

Can't think of any person who wouldn't want to watch "New adventures of Arya the indestructible". :)

To be precise, there were multiple spin-offs being pitched. Only 1 has been greenlighted so far, and that's already in production.

Just wrapped up watching Season 8. Can't really say I was excited at any point; nothing really felt satisfying, moreso like the writers were running through a checklist on their way to the final credits.

Lol, I'm just about to start watching season 7..that bad?
Did the dwarf make it through?
Maybe they could make a sequel with Nicholas Cage in lead, "The Wolf King", riding and leading an army of dire wolves against the 7 kingdoms?

Read the books if you haven't ;)
Nah fanfiction is better and George R. R. Martin hates it.:p

Not kidding he tried to sue non profit writers at one point but lost.

I had this theory a few years ago that the council that seems to follow the Scion around was made up of Craster's children, so I always thought he'd pursue the one that got away. Maybe that and some other niggling odds and ends will be covered in the final two novels.

"HBO says the record-breaking final season drew 43 million viewers on average for each episode in the United States alone, an increase of 10 million over Season 7 in 2017."

Nah fanfiction is better and George R. R. Martin hates it.:p

Not kidding he tried to sue non profit writers at one point but lost.

Hah, no kidding? That doesn't surprise me. How about he spends less time suing fans and writing his shitty card game-based books and finish the final two ASOIAF books.

Oh look the whole numbers and sales make something good counterpoint.:biggrin:

Usually see this brought up about COD and other crap games.

Anyway.

Jon the man who we've been following since the first episode has died, been brought back to life, killed the mad mother of dragons, completed his journey by heading back right to where he started!

As punishment for killing Dany even though it's likely he saved everyone. He gets sent back to The Wall to be a member of the Night's Watch (despite the fact that there's no longer any White Walker threat and the Wildlings are now friendly).
Quality story telling at it's best.:rolleyes:
Here lies Game of Thrones, a once epic show. Ruined by 2 stupid writers who wanted to end it so they can ruin Star Wars to. Rest In Peace.

Back
Top Bottom