The TV Series discussion thread

I finished the first season of Avenue 5. It's quite funny, and gives nice social commentary to the state of society. Hugh Laurie is nice in it, but nothing extraordinary.

I think it's worth it for a handful of moments, including the airlock scene.

"We've just watched seven people stupid themselves to death!"

I watched the first series of Mandalorian, which was ok and slightly above average, but the second.....I got three episodes in and it just seems boring as heck, and that ridiculous Yoda thing is just....cringe.

I did watch something on PBS called Cobra, which was pretty good. I recorded a show called Big Sky but haven't gotten around to viewing it yet.

After three appalling prequels, and three lame sequels, I think they've finally succeeded in beating any interest in Star Wars out of me.

I couldn't get into the first season, unfortunately. It was one of those shows where my mind would immediately wander, and I'd realise I had no idea what happened for the last ten minutes. I think maybe I just don't care anymore.

I couldn't get into the first season, unfortunately. It was one of those shows where my mind would immediately wander, and I'd realise I had no idea what happened for the last ten minutes. I think maybe I just don't care anymore.

But….Baby Yoda? :'( How could you not love that green bundle of erm…ears (and all the merchandising possibilities?) I'm sure whatever Disney person dreamed that up must have received a huge bonus ("Let's have… a BABY YODA!!!! OMG!!!!! $$$$!!!")

I must admit that I do watch it, and sort of enjoy it, but I think my expectations of the SW universe have diminished over the years.

Also been watching ST Discovery, which I also enjoy now (initially I was lukewarm). I started watching Raised by Wolves, but only 1 episode so far - I'm interested, and keen to see more, but just distracted by other things.

I started watching Raised by Wolves, but only 1 episode so far - I'm interested, and keen to see more, but just distracted by other things.

That's been #1 in my queue the last few weeks, but I haven't had time to jump into it yet. You'll have to let me know what you think once you've see more.

Saw the first two episodes of Avenue 5, season 1. Wasn't that impressed, I'll try a couple more, and then decide if it's worth watching.

a pibbur who observed that one of the computers used in the first episodes was a Microsoft Surface. He has one of those.

I re-watched one of my older DVD sets called Dinosaurs from the 1990's. It's still funny and hilarious in modern times. I recommend everyone watch it if you have time.

I re-watched one of my older DVD sets called Dinosaurs from the 1990's. It's still funny and hilarious in modern times. I recommend everyone watch it if you have time.

I enjoyed that back in the day - I remember the one line - "NOT THE MAMMA!" directed at the long suffering dino dad :biggrin:

Yeah the Leftovers is pretty decent for all three series. Not perfect by any means, but enjoyable and an intriguing wrap-up at the end, depending on whether you think the end is a lie or not =)

Just closed the 3rd season of Colony … just to realize this was abandoned. Too bad, they managed to avoid trivial manichaeism and shoot for more than an obvious story (love the top actors too). Don't you hate it when it happens? Last time I had that was with The Hour, a promising series with a very good Ben Whishaw.

Here's another the new James bond is an empowered black woman.:roll:
O_O That is a bold move, since this character is such a womanizer. It's revenge time, then!
Really curious to see how it'll play out.

Yeah the Leftovers is pretty decent for all three series. Not perfect by any means, but enjoyable and an intriguing wrap-up at the end, depending on whether you think the end is a lie or not =)

I found it to be pretty fantastic. And I had no issues, found it pretty perfect for what it was trying to do. But then again I also very much enjoyed LOST, even with all the plot holes and unexplained stuff. Since it was lead by the same guy. But Leftovers is way more tight and non-meandering. Season 1 was some of the most depressing stuff I've ever seen. It was sometimes like slogging through a depression. But it also had very beautiful moments. Season 2 and 3 really pick up and get away from the depression.

Oh, and the soundtrack. My god, was it fantastic. This is one of my favorites. Just beautiful.
Max Richter - Dona Nobis Pacem 2

Lost was great when it started. That final season though, just ugggghhh. I had diagrams and all sorts of plot-lines figured out and connections, and it was all for naught. It could have been so much better, and with that ugly ending, the rewatch value for Lost must be tiny, likely second behind Game of Thrones in fails.

ABC brought us Twin Peaks, I'll never forget that they did that, and took such a ballsy risk with Lynch. It paid off in many ways, there are shows that never would have existed without the road that Twin Peaks paved.

Lost was great when it started. That final season though, just ugggghhh. I had diagrams and all sorts of plot-lines figured out and connections, and it was all for naught. It could have been so much better, and with that ugly ending, the rewatch value for Lost must be tiny, likely second behind Game of Thrones in fails.

I was fine with the ending. I knew they'll never be able to tie things together fully. So maybe I lowered my expectations, and that's why I really enjoyed it all the way to the end.

The only things I disliked in LOST was the melodramatic and love-triangle shit between Sawyer, Jack and Kate. Otherwise it was pretty great. Especially loved Terry O'Quinn.

ABC brought us Twin Peaks, I'll never forget that they did that, and took such a ballsy risk with Lynch. It paid off in many ways, there are shows that never would have existed without the road that Twin Peaks paved.

They took a chance on Twin Peaks and that's great, but unfortunately forced Lynch to reveal Laura's killer. And I believe Lynch too off after that, and only came back at the end? But I do agree, it was more good than bad that ABC did with accepting Twin Peaks.

They took a chance on Twin Peaks and that's great, but unfortunately forced Lynch to reveal Laura's killer.

Yep, that's why the first season was the best. The second season was still good but was missing that air of mystery. Third season was just Wtf? Still entertaining though.

Yep, that's why the first season was the best. The second season was still good but was missing that air of mystery. Third season was just Wtf? Still entertaining though.

Yeah, after the sixth or whichever episode they reveal Laura's killer in, it all goes downhill. One or two of the episodes are really hard to get through, especially the ones that really focus on James Hurley's affair with the rich wife. Oh boy.

Season 3 though was a real mind-fuck. Especially episode 8, the famous one. Loved it though.

I have no idea what are people disappointed with in new Mandalorian season, I find it fantastic.
Same applies to ST Discovery. It's first season was a dud, sure, but the second was good and the ongoing one is awsome.

That aside:
1605893826_343605.gif

The final season was an utter rubbish. Still, there were so many great episodes in past 15 years I'll miss them.

Back
Top Bottom