The TV Series discussion thread

Yeah, I did a Lost rewatch a few years back, almost as enjoyable as the first time around. Other than the show runners flat out lying in advance about how the show would end, I didn't have a problem with the series at all. And yeah, those first three seasons are really good, and easier to keep track of before things became really insane and graph paper worthy, lol. Yet still good, you just have to take notes!

Another life. I admit that it's not a good TV show by itself. However it's IMHO a very good show to watch while exersising.

pibbur who only watches TV-series sitting on his ergometer bike.

Advancing in season 5 of Better Call Saul, I've watched episode 7 yesterday.

I feel it's declining since season 4. There's no clear purpose, except the thread with Mike, which is by far my favourite character of the series, and the business he's involved in despite himself. Mainly, the parts with Jimmy are getting too silly, this series should have been "Better Call Ehrmantraut".

For example at the beginning of the season, he takes someone else in the accused's bench, and hides the real one in the public, just to confound the witness. It's even goofier than his interrogation of Chuck and the ridiculous battery trick.

Then there is this plot against Mesa Verde vs the resident which doesn't want to leave and the ambivalence of Kim. It culminates with Jimmy's blackmail based a poor editing featuring Kevin's father... The only way I would have gone with that is if Kim had thrown him out of the apartment later.
It's a bit sad, because they have very good ingredients, but they ruin it with too much nonsense, and a story that doesn't appear to have any clear end game because of the long iterations on meaningless matters.

I'm a big fan of the Mayans show, the off-shoot of Sons of Anarchy, yet for some reason I stopped watching it at episode three of the third series, so about two weeks ago I got back in with episode four. This season is not as good as the prior ones, at least for me, as you're asked to suspend some belief on a number of things, like how long it would realistically take a person to recover from a serious beating, or rebound from being shot.

Last evening I finished watching the third series of Mayans. Overall I found this years story weaker than the prior two, as all this time they've shown how wise Ezekiel can be, yet during this run he does some amazingly absurd things for a smart cookie. The finale was strong through, and sets up a lot of nice possibilities for next year.

And to satisfy a sci fi craving, I plan on re-watching the second series of Orville and, for the first time, the fifth series of Expanse. I read the book about two months ago and I'm curious to see, as usual, how it will be translated to the small screen.

Just finished first season of casa de papel, wow what a rollercoaster, greatly executed, one minute you cheer for the bad guys, next one for the good ones, very few shows manage that.

Last night I re-watched the finale of series three for Snowfall, in preparation for taking in the fourth series soon. I dig this show a lot, it's set in the eighties and is evocative of the whole Breaking Bad set-up, yet sufficiently different in some major ways. And I really do need to get around to viewing the fifth series of Expanse, so might start that this weekend as well.

I finished the first series of Tin Star last night, and I believe that's where I'll stop with this show. The cast is pretty solid, especially Roth and that guy from Stargate: Atlantis, Sanctuary, and Hell on Wheels. I don't recall his name, I've always referred to him as "the ghoul", based on his appearance. The best comparison that comes to mind for this show is that, to me, it seemed like it tried to be similar to Banshee, yet the writing isn't as good.

And I really do need to get around to viewing the fifth series of Expanse, so might start that this weekend as well.

Getting ready for the 6th season? I've seen the first episode was out.

I don't like watching single episodes only, unless I can't wait, so I may watch the 5th again at some point before starting the new one.

Oh, I expect I'll get around to the sixth series sometime next year. I tend not to watch more than an hour or two of telly per day, if that. Right now I'm planning to do Snowfall and Expanse back and forth, two great shows that should have a nice contrast to each other.

Currently watching a KDrama called Doom at Your Service.

I finished Elementary and I'll miss it.

On to season 3 of Doom Patrol. I want to watch The Expanse but it's coming out once a week, so I'll wait a while. Very disappointed that it's only 6 episodes.

The fifth series of Expanse and the fourth of Snowfall are making for quite the duo of shows to watch. I'm on the third episode of each, and I can already see some of the threads that Expanse has ignored from the books, I think the show could have really stood to have perhaps another two to three episodes per series, just to not leave so much good materials behind. On Snowfall, I love how the dynamic duo (Teddy and the wrassler) simply declared war on the DFS and laid waste to the entire post, lol. I'm guessing there will be repercussions!

I tried watching the first episode of Foundation and it didn't grab me. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. It's disappointing because I really thought I was going to like it. Other than Jared Harris, none of the cast resonates with me at all.

Back
Top Bottom