The TV Series discussion thread

Sweet Caesar's Ghost, Justified is coming back with Olyphant, of course, reprising his role. Now I can happily pencil in a re-watch of the entire series while waiting for the new one to pop up whenever that happens!!

https://twitter.com/LordOfTheRingTV/status/1481814264637583361

hFUHkhN.png

Why do I feel it's probably gonna be average at best?

In other series, I restarted watching The Walking Dead from the very beginning (maybe hoping to slowly get to the end), and almost finished season 1. Damn does it start promising. Such a cool premise.

The Wheel of Time tv series was average or below for me, save for the final two episode which were a step above. I'm hoping for far better with this upcoming adventure back to Middle Earth.

Sweet Caesar's Ghost, Justified is coming back with Olyphant, of course, reprising his role. Now I can happily pencil in a re-watch of the entire series while waiting for the new one to pop up whenever that happens!!

Really? Huh. Not sure how I feel about that. Justified has one of the best endings of any long running series ever.

EDIT: reading about it now, I see that it's a limited series based on another of Leonard's books, not a reboot of an ongoing. I'm excited! Olyphant is apparently a lucky charm for getting beloved series an epilogue. We finally got more Deadwood, and now this.

That, and
I thought the primary antagonist was sort of lame. She was obviously inspired by the Crones from TW3, but she felt like a cheap imitation imo.

I didn't play TW3 but as soon as I saw that "weird" hut, I thought of this:

baba yaga.jpg]

(Yeah, me and my times playing AD&D 2nd edition, tough I never played specifically this adventure).

Last edited:
@henriquejr; it was definitely a Baba Yaga reference. Had to be.

Yes, I've read elsewhere that Baba Yaga was one of the references they used to build the main The Witcher S2 antagonist.

After hearing this recommended on RedLetterMedia's recent episode, I tried I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson on Netflix. And I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the mood, but 70% of what I saw in the first 2 episodes did not gel with me at all. I got some mild smiling, by the exagerated premises, but some really felt forced. I'll probably try it again, since there's only 2 seasons of 6 episodes each of around 15 min per episode.

It's also a very strange format. Each episode seems to be 3-4 short comedy skits one after the other.

I see Netflix is again raising prices on some of the tiers, wonder how many will bow to the masters and pay up this time?

That’s how they plan on finally becoming profitablw, I guess. For years now they’ve been losing money, from what I hear.

I think, however, it could have the opposite effect. It'll be curious to see how things pan out, if I'm not mistaken they also did a price jump about a year ago maybe, so folks may only tolerate so much.

Not sure if that's true, but it's hard to believe with Netflix stock being $500+ per share.

This was around 2019-2020 and they were not profitable iirc. Meaning they spent a lot more than they earned. They were around a couple of billion in debt. Sure their stock is high because that’s entirely based on the perception of how successful they are, or more likely, will be. So plenty of groups are investing. But overall they are burning more than earning. That was to my knowledge anyway.

Just finished the 6th season of The Expanse, which is expected to be the last one. That was short this time, only 6 episodes because of a more limited budget, we're far from the 13 episodes of seasons 2 & 3.

It feels strange that this series would end like that, with a season that was not only compressed but which spent a part of its precious time introducing elements that will serve no purpose. And which left a few loose ends as well. It's not bad, but it's surprising.

Just finished the 6th season of The Expanse, which is expected to be the last one. That was short this time, only 6 episodes because of a more limited budget, we're far from the 13 episodes of seasons 2 & 3.

Thanks for the head's up, I wasn't aware S6 was out yet. Off to bingewatch. :biggrin:

It feels strange that this series would end like that, with a season that was not only compressed but which spent a part of its precious time introducing elements that will serve no purpose. And which left a few loose ends as well. It's not bad, but it's surprising.

Maybe the writers initially assumed there would be another season.

I got talked into watching a Netflix series called Stay Close. It's a British crime drama based on a novel.

I can't say I'm a big fan of the British style when it comes to dramas, but this one is sort of interesting. It takes place in Blackpool which seems like the English equivalent of the Jersey Shore (the area not the tv show).

Last night, almost a year to the day I started, the Americans re-watch was completed. I'd say I enjoyed it just as much as when they all originally aired, maybe even a bit more, it's that bloody good. So now I'll need an equally decent show to re-watch, I've already started Freaks and Geeks and will continue with that, and I'm also giving serious consideration to re-viewing all of Justified, based on the news that we'll be getting new content from that franchise. Yay for good shows to watch, and I'm not forgetting about PBS, All Creatures Great and Small is pretty darn good!

Back
Top Bottom