The TV Series discussion thread

If you can stomach all that mopey time spent on the farm, I don't think anything else will slow down your viewing of Walking Dead.

The only thing that annoys me once in a while is Carl, Rick's son. I'm not sure if it's the lines he's given or if it's the actor. But the lines are pretty obnoxious sometimes.

Finished ST:Voyager for the second time - and found myself enjoying it even more this time. To think that I once really disliked this is a little beyond me. I already miss it.

Struggling to find something interesting to stick with, but I'm somewhat enjoying Mr. Mercedes - which is a Stephen King adaption. It's 50% boring nothingness and 50% interesting character development.

It's something, anyway.

Voyager wasn't all bad, and has some stand-out episodes for sure. It had so much promise at launch, and just mostly fizzled for me.

The Mercedes books are really good, and the telly series captures a lot of that. I've read all there books yet have only seen the first series to date.

I keep being impressed by Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I think I'm close to finishing the second series, I watched episode nine last night, and how they balance the stories with her career advancing (or taking steps backwards at times) with her family relationships plus her estrangement from her husband is really well done. And I love her manager, she starts off rather small and mousey yet later on becomes the stalwart lion.

Yeah, I think I reached the episode of The Walking Dead where I dropped off last time. And it's exactly the episode the Governor and Wood Bury is introduced (S03 ep 3rd or 4th), and there' no updates on Rick and the gang. This must be the one where I dropped off since it's the first episode that I felt had the plot screech to a halt. For some reason, it's just not very enticing. But I'll push ahead. Regardless, besides this it's been as good as I remembered it.

Yeah, I think I reached the episode of The Walking Dead where I dropped off last time. And it's exactly the episode the Governor and Wood Bury is introduced (S03 ep 3rd or 4th), and there' no updates on Rick and the gang. This must be the one where I dropped off since it's the first episode that I felt had the plot screech to a halt. For some reason, it's just not very enticing. But I'll push ahead. Regardless, besides this it's been as good as I remembered it.

It's worth sticking with a little longer. The Governor ends up being a compelling enough character, and Season 4 makes things interesting by changing how the characters are grouped together. I think it's stays pretty solid through the first half of Season 5.

I'm back watching the tightrope that is Ozark. One of my favorite shows.

I watched Silicon Valley over the past few weeks. It was a mixed bag for me. As a comedy, it made me laugh out loud quite a bit in the early seasons but rarely in the latter ones. I got tired of pretty much every character. They were all such dicks, man-baby Richard included.

I watched Silicon Valley over the past few weeks. It was a mixed bag for me. As a comedy, it made me laugh out loud quite a bit in the early seasons but rarely in the latter ones. I got tired of pretty much every character. They were all such dicks, man-baby Richard included.

I watched the whole series a couple of months ago. I liked it overall. It wasn't anything extraordinary, but a fun ride especially if you work in software development. And I was surprised how decent and good the ending was. Again, nothing I'd note as extraordinary, but a good and solid ending. And as a series about "geek" culture way way better than the shit show of Big Bang Theory.

I'm almost halfway through season 3 of The Walking Dead. And it's still pretty solid. And it still manages to impress me at the gore they end up showing. In a mainstream tv series it's pretty remarkable I'd say.

And as a series about "geek" culture way way better than the shit show of Big Bang Theory.

I wouldn't watch that unfunny tripe with somebody else's eyeballs. ;)

The ending of Silicon Valley was alright. It wasn't funny, which was mostly the point of the show (there was very little real drama throughout), but it was a fairly clever way to wrap up Pied Piper's saga. And because I'm sentimental, my favorite part was when Gilfoyle trusted Dinesh and gave him access, and then they end up co-founding the cybersecurity company, bickering all the while.

It's never revealed, but in my own canon the thing on Gilfoyle's phone that he violently did not want Dinesh to see was some kind of admission that he considers him a friend.

I'm almost halfway through season 3 of The Walking Dead. And it's still pretty solid. And it still manages to impress me at the gore they end up showing. In a mainstream tv series it's pretty remarkable I'd say.

It continues to be gory. One of, if not the goriest scene I've ever seen on television is in season… maybe 5 or 6, I'm guessing?

I watched the 7 episodes of Ozark in two days. Great as ever. I wish they didn't habitually divide seasons into half these days.

I'm still waiting to bank more episodes of This is Us before I start that. I'm giving Downton Abbey a try at the moment. Never watched it.

You should enjoy Downton. The first two series are remarkably good, though the quality dwindles from that point on. If you were a fan of Upstairs/Downstairs, or even the concept, you'll have a great time.

I watched Downton Abbey not long ago, and really liked it. There's a good share of atmosphere, romance and everyday's life events so perhaps it's not for everyone. And as Carnifex says, the best seasons are the first ones IMO.

Yeah to me the latter years of the show just get muddled in too much annoying stuff. Others might enjoy it though, even at its worse it's still above the average television fair these days.

I watched the 7 episodes of Ozark in two days. Great as ever. I wish they didn't habitually divide seasons into half these days.

Coincidently, I binged the entire first season over the last 3 days. I had been wanting to try Ozark for a long time. Not sure why I waited so long.

I had some mixed impressions, but I enjoyed it overall. The first episode was great, but then I got bored with the early-middle stretch before really enjoying the last few episodes. The season finale in particular had multiple "Wow!" moments that stick with you. Especially…

Del getting his head blown off. I definitely didn't see that coming, and I'm disappointed that he's gone from the show already because I really liked that character.

I'd have much rather seen the FBI guy get whacked. He's easily my least favorite character.

I finished the second series of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night, and continue to be impressed by the show. The stories are great, characters well rounded and interesting, and let's not forget the music! You get usually some period-classics within the show, and then during the credits at the end they use more modern tracks. I find that a very smart decision, and the tracks selected always have something to do with the content of the episode. I look forward to watching more of this!

I've advanced so far in the Expanse novels that last night, since I was lacking for new shows to watch, I decided to que up the final series of both Expanse and Bosch. Now, the Bosch episode was excellent: it picked up a few months after the sixth series conclusion, with some logical advances in both plot and characters. Unless something dreadful occurs in this current series, I'll miss this show when it's all over.

The Expanse, on the other hand, seems to be devovling into a CW show. You get people standing about in corriders/rooms, whinging about their hurt feelings and mommy not being nice, all the kinds of things that set my teeth on edge. Marco's/Nagana's son might be the worse sycophant I've encountered in quite some time. Of course, this was only the first episode, yet things might improve. I've still no idea why they did what they did with Alex, because in the book during this same story he has quite a meaty role to play. Drummer also seems to have quite an odd place, her spot on the show is larger than her role in the books, yet I think her position in the novels feels more like her. Again, I'll have to see where the show is going, yet for now I'm wary of the journey.

Back
Top Bottom