The TV Series discussion thread

I'm a fan of The Great. I really enjoyed both series and am looking forward to series 3 when it arrives.

Oh and a show that I checked out recently that I'd forgotten to mention: Carnival Row. I'd been meaning to look at this for months and this week finally got around to the pilot, and it was pretty good! If I'd known Tig na nog was featured in the show, I would have que'd it up much sooner. And any chance to see Jared Harris again is always welcome.

Last night I watched the second episode of Better Call Saul for this season, and man, the more I watch this show the more I hope it's really going to continue to revolve around Kim. We know where Jimmy will end up, no mysteries there (though the house he lived in was omgwtflol), for me the real question is what happened with Kim Wexler. Seeing those two morons from the first series again was a real hoot, I certainly didn't see that coming, and boy howdy when this all ends up in front of Hamlin I cannot wait to see the storm that's going to break.

I polished off the current series of Snowfall and, boy howdy, was that a finale! Looks like Franklin and McDonald are quits forever now, as seventy-three million in stolen funds will tend to tear apart mates. Cissy owning up about her KGB contacts was a bit of a surprise, and I keep thinking the FX channel here is missing a huge opportunity, as they could easily connect this show with Americans, if they chose to do so. Simply have someone from the Centre that appeared in that earlier show, it doesn't have to be someone from the family necessarily, anyone from the Russian side that worked in the building would do. In any case, it was a solid series, the next looks to be an all-out war, or at least that's my guess.

I finished FTWD season 3, it was ok, but I'm kinda going through the motions with it. I'll probably keep at it until at least TWD S11 is done.

You're probably getting burned-out. I know I'd be if I consumed as much of those two shows as you have in such a short time period.

You're probably getting burned-out. I know I'd be if I consumed as much of those two shows as you have in such a short time period.

Most likely. It’s still ok to be watched in a not too involved way, but I definitely think I miss the main story. Though I did like Nick and Strand from the spinoff. Those, I think, are my favorites.

Another interesting tid-bit is FTWD is now on the third actor from Deadwood that they feature.

Edit: Oh, and Morgan just stumbled onto Nick, Alicia and Strand. Convenient :D
Anyway, I’m glad they didn’t kill Nick off. But it is very weird seeing characters from both series in the same episode. In a way, the convenience of it kinda cheapens the experience. And I guess they also had a few years pass so that the timeline in FTWD could catch up to the one in TWD?

Oh, forgot to mention one more thing. Only when they flashback in S4E1 to Morgan leaving, and he gets a visit by Rick did I remember how much I miss that character. Such a sucky way he was taken off the main series.

Last edited:
I think you should put more of that in spoiler tags.

I still like FTWD, or at least what I've seen of it, more than the later seasons of TWD. It just felt a lot fresher to me. I agree that some of the coincidences are far-fetched though.

I think you should put more of that in spoiler tags.

I still like FTWD, or at least what I've seen of it, more than the later seasons of TWD. It just felt a lot fresher to me. I agree that some of the coincidences are far-fetched though.

It was more fresh, especially the first seasons. I did not really enjoy season 3 as much as people lauded it. It was ok, but I think I much more enjoyed when the group was on the move.

And I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy the next seasons, since I really grew indiferent, and sometimes annoyed, at the first character from the main series they introduced into the spinoff.
Was Morgan a fan favorite, and I missed that? He was fine in the first seasons, but I'd grown really annoyed with his man-of-peace attitude (since it made no sense sometimes and was also inconsistent) and the way the producers overbearingly kept hammering on his mental issues.

Oh, I did also try another series, for 2-3 episodes, and it looks pretty promising. Barry, on HBO. Seems ok, but these weird premises are really starting to wear on me. I think I just need to put tv series on break. I'll do that after I'm done with TWD/FTWD. I feel if I stop these two series now, I'm probably never getting back to them.

And I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy the next seasons, since I really grew indiferent, and sometimes annoyed, at the first character from the main series they introduced into the spinoff.
Was Morgan a fan favorite, and I missed that? He was fine in the first seasons, but I'd grown really annoyed with his man-of-peace attitude (since it made no sense sometimes and was also inconsistent) and the way the producers overbearingly kept hammering on his mental issues.
That is one of the few characters that I still identify with on the show.
You miss Rick and dislike Morgan for pretty much the same reason I feel the reverse. Rick was pissed me off by being inconsistant and a terrible leader, Morgan has a code (that I agree with) and sticks to it as much as he can - kinda like Batman :lol:.

That is one of the few characters that I still identify with on the show.
You miss Rick and dislike Morgan for pretty much the same reason I feel the reverse. Rick was pissed me off by being inconsistant and a terrible leader, Morgan has a code (that I agree with) and sticks to it as much as he can - kinda like Batman :lol:.

I don’t know if I’m seeing things, but Morgan, in FTWD, seems more stable than towards the end of his journey in TWD.

Also, just saw S4E3 of FTWD. This was definitely among the very best episodes. Sad, but very nicely done.

And Better Call Saul simply continues to knock them out of the park. Episode three sees the end of a character first mentioned in the prequel show, yet never on screen, if memory serves correctly. We also find out he was responsible for something never revealed in many years, and man oh man, did he check out on his own terms. That final phone conversation with his pop will tear your soul. /Salute, Nacho.

After last night I've done four episodes of Carnival Row, and this show simply keeps improving. We finally get to see some of the back story explaining some of the ongoing war, as well as learning some history a few characters share. The missing kid got returned and rather than solving problems, I'm expecting a whole new set to arise!

Yeah, Carnival Row was pretty good. I watched that back when it aired. Seems like a long time ago. I keep waiting to hear news about a second season.

I watched Castlevania and enjoyed it, although I didn't felt it was great. Gave up in season 3, as it had lost momentum.

I also watched Dota: Dragon's Blood. That was actually quite good in my opinion, better than Castlevania.

Then I tried watching a Bulgasal, a Korean series about monsters and a man who is cursed and lives forever until Bulgasal kills him. This series has an issue that I find happens quite regularly with Korean series, which is the over the top acting when it comes to emotions. It can reach a point where it becomes unbearable for me. Not all Korean series have this, and sometimes the rest of a show is good enough to balance it out, but with episodes of 1 hour and 16 episodes in total, after 1 episode I knew this was not going to last, so I gave up.

Watching Damnation now and in episode 4, I am really enjoying it.

Last edited:
I'm watching See. It's on AppleTV.

It's about a post-apocalyptic world where people have all become blind because of a virus and only 2m people survived the virus. Most technology has now gone away.

It has some good concepts and is relatively interesting. It follows the concept a bit of "In the land of blind men, the one-eyed man is king".

Ok, I'm up to ep 7 or 8 out of season 4 of FTWD, and it's getting really stupid. I really loved the episodes featuring only John Dorie and Laura/Naomi (and the previous one), but after that it got really stupid. With characters making stupid and illogical decisions, like 90 degree turns in character and stuff I wouldn't expect them to.

Ok, I'm up to ep 7 or 8 out of season 4 of FTWD, and it's getting really stupid. I really loved the episodes featuring only John Dorie and Laura/Naomi (and the previous one), but after that it got really stupid. With characters making stupid and illogical decisions, like 90 degree turns in character and stuff I wouldn't expect them to.

The showrunner changed and what had been the core of the show (Madison's family) disintegrated and boy could you tell. I bailed at this point, midway through season 4. From what I've heard, it doesn't get better for some time (if at all)

Back
Top Bottom