The TV Series discussion thread

You watched five episodes of a season and thought it was over? I'm not following.

No, I thought all episodes were done, then I saw the 5th was the last available after watching it. I know it's not over yet. :)

It's not the first time I get a surprise, I've watched a few cancelled series too. I suppose I should check the whole list of episodes before starting a season, and whether it's been cancelled at some point, but it doesn't bother me that much.

I saw season 1 of a very nice tv series, Babylon Berlin. It's in german, so a bit of a pain since I don't get to stay focused on the great acting. But it's pretty great. It's a detective story intertwined with events that took place in Weimar Germany around 1929-1930 if I'm not mistaken.

Season 3 of The Umbrella Academy is out. I'm in the middle of the 2nd episode and it's as weird as it used to be. :)

That's right I should check that out. I always love the first few episodes of an Umbrella Academy season. Then it loses me around the middle, and grabs me again with the very last episode. Wonder if this will be the same.

The last season of Peaky Blinders is finally here, but I think it was already available for some/most of you earlier (probably a region thing again). I'll watch it after The Umbrella Academy.

I'm still watching ST: Strange New Worlds, but I'm really starting to struggle to stay interested. I thought the last two episodes were terrible.

E07 "The Serene Squall" was horribly overacted, and I thought the guest star who played the pirate captain was an especially bad fit. The only part I liked was the reference to a certain character at the very end of the episode.

E08 “The Elysian Kingdom” was just silly, and I had to force myself to finish it.

The silly filler episodes really stand out in a 10 episode season. I didn't like either of those episodes either, though I got something out of ep8. It was fun for me to see some actors behave very differently from their normal characters (Christina Chong, in particular).

I finished Ray Donovan. Overall it was a win for me, but I had plenty of problems with it.

Wrapped up the first season of Reacher after hearing so much about it. Wasn't bad at all really, though the guy's practically infallible logical deductions bordered on campiness more often than not.

Still, that prison fight scene in the first episode grabbed me and wouldn't let me go for the rest of the series. Visceral would be an understatement.

Yeah, I've found myself reaching for a book during the last two or three Strange New Worlds episodes, and that doesn't bode well for me sticking with any show.

On the plus side I finished watching Dopesick the other night and wow, what a tough thing to watch. It was good though, yet I doubt I'll ever re-watch the show. The first time was hard enough, just brutal at times.

I've watched the first three episodes of Orville in the newest series, and so far I'd call them a bit lackluster, when you compared these current shows to the ones that were in the first and second series. I hope they improve.

I have finished season 3 of The Umbrella Academy. I liked it as much as the other ones, and the conclusion is as good as it could get.

With one little exception...
I'm still not convinced about what happened to Sloane. Maybe I missed earlier clues in the season. I've seen a few theories out there but none seems to hold.

I really enjoyed this series! The characters are fun to follow, and I don't know if the story is inspired by the comic books but I found it was rather good, if a little eccentric. It's not for everyone, the style is a little special.

I have finished season 3 of The Umbrella Academy. I liked it as much as the other ones, and the conclusion is as good as it could get.

With one little exception...
I'm still not convinced about what happened to Sloane. Maybe I missed earlier clues in the season. I've seen a few theories out there but none seems to hold.

I really enjoyed this series! The characters are fun to follow, and I don't know if the story is inspired by the comic books but I found it was rather good, if a little eccentric. It's not for everyone, the style is a little special.
I'm in season 2.
I am not actually sure what to say about the show. It feels like it has more potential and it just never gets there by getting bogged down in some things that seem more trivial and minor for too long.

It's fun but not great. And I think it could be better.

I'm in season 2.
I am not actually sure what to say about the show. It feels like it has more potential and it just never gets there by getting bogged down in some things that seem more trivial and minor for too long.

It's fun but not great. And I think it could be better.

The series doesn't take itself too seriously, and one shouldn't expect something grandiose, after all it's coming from comics. It's a casual save-the-world adventure with a bunch of special people mostly tripping one another and trying to get past personal issues.

I concluded my re-watch of Evil, series one last night, and was reminded again on just how good a show this is, the first thirteen episodes are rather solid. So that leaves me with a minor void in telly watching, I think I might check out the Old Man and see if it measure up to the book.

Last night I checked out the first episode of the current Stranger Things series, man it was almost movie length in duration. Seemed like a good opener to me.

Last night I checked out the first episode of the current Stranger Things series, man it was almost movie length in duration. Seemed like a good opener to me.

Good timing, the last episodes should be released tomorrow at last. I've been looking forward to watching them!

Yes, they're slightly longer, that's nice. Not shocking for Europeans since our series are usually close to 1 hour per episode.

Back
Top Bottom