The TV Series discussion thread

I did watch the newest Strange New Worlds episode last night, and it only proves that the writers involved can create good content instead of merely sabotaging existing character/stories, when they so choose to do so. I'll miss Hemmer as I'd grown to like him, though I knew he'd have to go at some point to make way for Montgomery Scott.

But... they did cannibalize an existing story. Have you not seen the Alien films? It was an almost total ripoff of them, not just in overall concept but in several individual scenes.

Oh of course, JFarrell71, I never said it was an original idea. Those Bad Reboot seem totally incapable of actually doing. Just for current Trek it was almost semi-decent.

2024, I was hoping it would come sooner.

Yeah, plus it's getting a little awkward since those actors are all adults now. :)

In the show's timeline, only 3 years pass from Season 1 (1983) to Season 4 (1986) while six years passed in RL filming those. Those "kids" range from 18 to 30 years old now.

Wrapped up Stranger Things S4 too and liked it. Indeed, the Russian side-plot seemed kinda disconnected from the main story beats, but all in all I'd say it was better than S3.

Watching Raised by Wolves atm, into S2.

Wrapped up Stranger Things S4 too and liked it. Indeed, the Russian side-plot seemed kinda disconnected from the main story beats, but all in all I'd say it was better than S3.

I thought there were too many different plot arcs as well - my one gripe with an otherwise great season.

I checked out the first episode for the current series of Boys last night, it was pretty good and I'm hoping to see more of the Termite. I like how he did things with his abilities like we never saw Pym do, lol.

I've really enjoyed this season of The Boys. I saw in an article that it's caused the Amazon TV department to set up a standards & practices department, as they got a bit of a shock. Lol.

It would seem these days that any studio would want to have their own department for standards and practices, if nothing else than to liaison with local/federal authorities, simply to protect themselves and investments. Like insurance within a policy.

I'm continuing my rewatch of Vikings, finishing up with the third series last night. If I remember right I only watched through the fourth, so at some point I'm going to run into episodes I've not seen yet. So far it's a good revisit, like most shows it has some hits and misses, yet the political intrigue and world building are pretty solid for a telly show. They do a decent job of mixing in historical facts with made-up characters and events.

Vikings was good the first few seasons but yeah it became hit or miss lately.:(

Finished up ST: SNW. I thought the finale was disappointing, but that's how I felt about most of the episodes so it was par for the course. A lot of the dialogue and actions just seemed implausible to me, and a certain well-known character didn't seem anything like the original.

It took a long time.

But finally I've started watching.

Twin Peaks.

Yes, I like it. It's wonderfully surrealistic, with all those weird personas. The main plot is of minor importance to me. In fact, I'm not sure if the crime is solved (no spoilers, pleasee), doesn't matter if it isn't. The closest I'll ever get to binge watching - 2 up to 4 episodes on my (in door) exercise bike, 6 days a week.

Like the FBI agent - I appreciate a good cup of plain, unfancy, black coffee.

pibbuR who always strives to have a fire protection necklace whenever walking. Just in case.

Good lord, the best show ever done imo was Twin Peaks. Yeah it meandered a tad at the end, yet that first series plus is pretty damn good. Enjoy the show!

I watched the most recent episode of Strange New Worlds last night, and it's a weird one. I'm not sure if they were paying homage to Balance of Terror or just ripping the entire episode off piece-meal, though I'm leaning way towards the latter. And I mean, what is the bloody point of bringing James Kirk in this early?? Yes, we know he'll eventually become commander of Enterprise, yet that's still YEARS away. The nod to Mr. Scott was nice, brief yet noticeable.

Orville, on the other hand, delivers a substantially better episode, also involving time. This one forces you to recall a similar issue that happened with the executive officer, to fully understand what Malloy is going through. This was an outstanding episode of telly and one I know I'll be re-watching.

Back
Top Bottom