The TV Series discussion thread

Watched the first couple of episodes of Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. Pretty good. I need a sequel to the first story, though, to answer a few questions.
That first episode did have a bit of an unfinished feel to it. The third episode, "The Autopsy", was my favorite. Let me know what you think when you've seen that one.

That first episode did have a bit of an unfinished feel to it. The third episode, "The Autopsy", was my favorite. Let me know what you think when you've seen that one.
Yep, I'll def watch that one and the one after tonight.

"The Autopsy" was my favorite episode also, but I thought it was a pretty consistently good anthology. "The Murmuring" and "The Viewing" were also great.

I finished with Wednesday and, overall, it's a seriously mixed box of stuff for me. Let me start off by saying how much I enjoyed the previous two iterations of the Adam's Family, and that might be a large part of my issues with this current series. I get that it's very much primarily about the daughter, yet for me the ensemble works so much better for this show, let alone the usual setting, namely their residence. Now, if you can take this current series on simply its own merits, you'll quite likely enjoy it. I did like the content, just really missed the rest of the family, and I doubt I'd ever rewatch this version.

So there's apparently another new Star Wars series coming?
Someone, anyone, just make it stop already.
I'm waiting for Disney to implement one of their 'iconic' Disney Channel show formats (Zack and Cody, Hannah Montanah, etc) centered around the Younglings. They're just working on the best way to market toys for it.
EkvX-icWAAEkDBN

The third episode, "The Autopsy", was my favorite. Let me know what you think when you've seen that one.
That one was very good :thumbsup:
I also have the book that the story it was based on is in:
Polyphemus_uk.jpg
Though I haven't read it.
Creature looks mighty similar though :)

That one was very good :thumbsup:
I also have the book that the story it was based on is in:
Thanks for mentioning. I didn't know it was based on an existing story. Now I'm starting to wonder if all the episodes are. *Edit* Does he mention that in the introduction? If he did, I must have missed it.

Thanks for mentioning. I didn't know it was based on an existing story. Now I'm starting to wonder if all the episodes are. *Edit* Does he mention that in the introduction? If he did, I must have missed it.
I don't think he says anything about it in his intro, but I've been noticing the authors' names in the credits at the beginning.
Looking at Wikipedia, looks like most are based on a short story:

Over the past few days I've been watching two shows: season three of Good Fight and the first series of Ozark. I'd watched a few of the Ozark episodes when they first aired then simply lost track of the series, now I'm planning to watch the entire run. Both shows are good, though I really wish Good Fight would focus a tad less on Agent Orange, things like that should simply be ignored, eventually they go away.

I saw the first season of 1899. While it was interesting enough for the first 4-5-6 episodes, I really didn’t like the reveal of the explanation that is unveiled at one point. Really derivative of other works, and I did not find anything too interesting. And neither was the personal story of the characters. Didn’t hit any emotional cords for me. While Dark wasn’t original either, I just may have a greater interest in time travel than the themes it wants to tackle. Or maybe I just didn’t find they tackeled them very well.

Way too heavily inspired by the Matrix, and I didn’t find anything too compelling.

If I had to give it a rating, 6.5/10. The reveal kind of ruined it for me. I wanted something completely different. The atmosphere and mystery up until then was great. And I really wanted the steampunk setting to be something that continues.

Last edited:
I finally got around to checking out Obi Wan Kenobi. I wasn't expecting much out of it, but, through the first four episodes so far, I have to say it's a lot better than The Mandalorian or The Book of Boba Fett.

I'm curious about 1899, and for once it seems available here too.

I have watched the 3 seasons of For All Mankind. There's a lot of nonsense but some of the characters are interesting enough, otherwise I would have given up after season 1.

Finished Obi Wan Kenobi. It's the best of the Disney Star Wars series by a wide margin imo, though I guess that's not really much of an accomplishment. To me, it's the only one that somewhat captures the feel of the films.

There are a few wtf? moments in terms of plausibility, but overall it's pretty good.

Finished Obi Wan Kenobi.
Have you seen Andor? If you can look past some typical Star Wars plot holes this is easily the best since thing the original trilogy.

Watching 'Travelers' on Netflix with my wife. Very tepid show (but she likes it). Even though I loved Stargate back in the days. Oh well, just 8 more episodes :D

Finished Obi Wan Kenobi. It's the best of the Disney Star Wars series by a wide margin imo, though I guess that's not really much of an accomplishment. To me, it's the only one that somewhat captures the feel of the films.

There are a few wtf? moments in terms of plausibility, but overall it's pretty good.
Good to know, thanks, this wasn't on my list yet.

Back
Top Bottom