The TV Series discussion thread

I'm quite enjoying Mayor of Kingstown, although the person that I tuned in to watch didn't survive very long, the people and stories remaining are interesting enough to keep me involved, for now. It's dark and moody, not a lot of positivity so I'm hoping it gets some cheer going forward, not simply dour and moody.

I finished the first Mayor of Kingstown series and, oh man, talk about some brutal parts. That prison riot was something and.....well, what happened to/with Iris I simply don't have words for. I'm glad they didn't feel the need to go into extreme details, my imagination was up to the task of simply imagining what might have happened to her. I'll be checking out the second series at some point for certain.

I caught the latest episode on the current series of Picard and it's a quiet one, yet might have laid a bunch of redeemable threads/plots to be sussed out in upcoming episodes. Even if this one was quiet compared to previous episodes of this season it's far superior to anything from Star Trek: Disease or Discard (the first two series of Picard). I'm hoping for some major payoffs coming up soon, the whole changeling comeback has me hoping for a Sisko/Odo set of appearances soon! (ok, I could be asking a bit much, there (RIP Rene)).

I started the fifth series of Animal Kingdom last night, and it starts off fairly bonkers and hasn't let up since. At times the stories are simply dreadful and the acting....well, under the top might be the kindest way to put it. Still, for some reason I keep coming back, lol. Maybe just to see how it all ends up for these knuckle-dragging neanderthals.

Lucky Hank continues to keep me amused, though the intrigue at the university level seems to be a bit shallower than I thought it might be. I'll stick with it for now.

I think I'll wait for a while before starting the second season, let more episodes come out, but I just watched Yellowjackets S1 over the last few days and I loved it.

Halfway through Season 2 of Carnival Row now, and it's starting to pick up steam. The fifth episode really grabbed my attention. The FX in this show are excellent.

I truly couldn't hold off Grimm and dipped back in, and I've also checked out the first episode of a show that I'd always meant to try, Poldark. Liking it so far!

Haven't heard any noise here about Perry Mason. I'm finding the second season much better than the first. Anyone else watching?

I keep seeing Perry Mason every time I log into hbomax, but haven't had much of a curiosity to start it up. But maybe one day. I like the period and setting, but seeing it's another trial series or something put me off. Maybe I'm just being prejudiced.

I re-started a series I saw the first 2-3 seasons ages ago, and am enjoying it very much. Mad Men.
I love the laid back and relaxed flow. I love the authentic period recreation (at least the little I know about it, it seems like a very good reproduction).
And it's also interesting watching it with more of political awareness that comes with age, and seeing the different ideologies.
On paper it should sound very much like almost a period soap-opera, but it's not overly dramatic and indulgent. It's very reserved and refined.
And I like most characters, but especially Jon Hamm as Draper. He's great.
I've been slowly watching about one episode every night, and I've enjoyed it very much.

Haven't heard any noise here about Perry Mason. I'm finding the second season much better than the first. Anyone else watching?
I am, and I'm enjoying it. I liked the first season and don't feel like comparing, but I certainly don't like it less. The reviews overall agree with you.

He's a lawyer. Of course there's a trial.

Having said that, I've watched 4 episodes and they've spent about 5 minutes in a courtroom thus far.
Yeah, if it's a ratio, from outside the courtroom to inside, similar to Better Call Saul then I can tolerate that. But it'll have to be for later.

I'm watching the newest iteration of Perry Mason and enjoying it a lot, and yeah, better than the prior season, imo. I'm still likely an episode or two behind, I plan on trying to catch up shortly!

Binge-watched Last of Us the last couple days. As a person who has never played the games or even watched that Youtube video collating all of the cutscenes, I found it enjoyable enough. I thought it to be a fresh take on the zombie genre, not wallowing in [too much] unnecessary melodrama as filler content (TWD, I'm looking at you). I especially liked the Joel character; it was nice to see a protagonist who was a pretty terrible person, created by and for the circumstances.

Unfortunately, I then tarnished my impressions of modern TV content by watching episode 6 of Mandalorian Season 3. :sick:

Binge-watched Last of Us the last couple days. As a person who has never played the games or even watched that Youtube video collating all of the cutscenes, I found it enjoyable enough. I thought it to be a fresh take on the zombie genre, not wallowing in [too much] unnecessary melodrama as filler content (TWD, I'm looking at you). I especially liked the Joel character; it was nice to see a protagonist who was a pretty terrible person, created by and for the circumstances.

Unfortunately, I then tarnished my impressions of modern TV content by watching episode 6 of Mandalorian Season 3. :sick:
View: https://twitter.com/carnage4life/status/1644108303742689280?s=46&t=C7l0yZ3RTCU5iCaYTkD1ZQ

I only saw this. Embarassing.

Back
Top Bottom