The Wayward Realms - Funded!

Nah I wouldn't celebrate as now they have to make the alpha and find a publisher.

Otherwise all of your pledges are meaningless, and your out of $40 or more.

Nah I wouldn't celebrate as now they have to make the alpha and find a publisher.

Otherwise all of your pledges are meaningless, and your out of $40 or more.
Even if they don't make it, they've still got the possibility to try to make their dream project. That's a worthwhile endeavor and reason enough to donate for quite a few people.

Maybe but all who backed this need to know the facts. It's a high risk gamble.

Frankly I'm just not that naive about crowdfunded projects anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Like said above if it ever releases good I'll buy it, but if not I lost nothing.

Ah, ok. Did they also state how they want to pay their guys? Or would they do it as a side project in their freetime?

Nah we all know money grows on trees and investors are easy to impress. :rotfl:

Would any of those backers waste more money on the game though? I'm sure many will but not all of them again. Wouldn't be the first game to do a second Kickstarter.

People can trust and hope and fork over 50 dollars they probably would have wasted on something else and that's all good, but from my point of view, the real issues is that no professional dev with any training or reputation would join a gamble like this.

Devs are human beings who, like you or me, like to have safety and stability for themselves and their families, and definitely don't like to go to sleep with the creeping feeling in their stomach that they might not be able to pay rent. People who take this kind of job will be either trainees looking to get some experience that they can put under their belt because a career has to start somewhere, or people desperate enough to not be able to secure a better job, which is not the best recipe for success.

Just think if you were the wife or husband of a dev considering to join this project, and your household depended economically on it, what would your stand on it be.

Most people who backed the first kickstarter wouldn't back a second because they're already guaranteed a copy of the game. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

Most people who backed the first kickstarter wouldn't back a second because they're already guaranteed a copy of the game. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.
I was wondering about that. I haven't kept up with the details.
It would be a bit shit if they just get access to the alpha and after the developers get backing they produce a full version for Steam that people have to buy again. :p

People can trust and hope and fork over 50 dollars they probably would have wasted on something else and that's all good, but from my point of view, the real issues is that no professional dev with any training or reputation would join a gamble like this.
BINGO! Well said.

Well as they say fools and their money are easily parted.💸

Maybe but all who backed this need to know the facts. It's a high risk gamble.

Frankly I'm just not that naive about crowdfunded projects anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Like said above if it ever releases good I'll buy it, but if not I lost nothing.
That's completely understandable, and the most logical economical decision, I think. :)

Back
Top Bottom