HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The new game in the Witcher series has officially entered pre-production:

CD PROJEKT looks back at the beginning of 2022

[...]

In March 2022 CD PROJEKT RED announced the start of a long-term strategic partnership with Epic Games, thanks to which future games will be based on Unreal Engine 5. The Studio also announced that it was working on further additions to The Witcher videogame series.

- We are very eager to revisit the universe which has shaped our history to such an extent. We have recently concluded the research phase for the first game in the new Witcher saga, which means that from now on further development expenditures will be capitalized on our balance sheet - adds Adam Kiciński.

[...]
More information.

I hope its it another timeline, maybe when the schools were formed.

So that means we'll get to play the next saga in 3-5 years barring no setbacks and massive delays.Hope they keep the hype and PR at minimum till the game is ready.
I hope its it another timeline, maybe when the schools were formed.
Might be as it would fit. Could be based in a future timeline in another country not covered by the games as well. Either one wouldn't bother me to play.

At least the rumors of playing Ciri have been put to rest.

Ciri is not part of the lynx school and CDPR admitted that after the cat like photo was released. It's an all new protagonist but beyond that no current information is available.

I suggest reading the other news-bits onsite with the links and info. I've been reading opinion articles that think she will, and others say it's probably Vesemir.

Hence it leads credence this new game might be based in the past. Also a new TV show will be airing soon about the blood of the witcher schools. So hmm..interesting.

Sorry to dash your hopes as I remember your past comments.:(

Ah, ok… I just thought there would be more detailed info by now.

I'm not disappointed with a brand new protagonist, in fact I'm looking forward to it.
I just thought that having Geralt and Ciri (and others from the crew) as NPC and mentors of the new protagonist would have really helped to tie it all together.
But apparently they want a fresh restart. Or it doesn't fit with the plotline they have in mind. (For a start it would have been difficult to have Ciri as an ally of the new protagonist, because she would most likely be one of the most powerful entity in the universe, especially after some decades of maturing.)

It's a must play for me anyway. Perhaps not a pre-order this time after the CP77 thing.

So… like 2030, then.
Funny but word today is the upcoming expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 will be the only one. After that the game is abandoned and they can focus on the next Witcher Saga.

They can finally ditch the Red Engine and start using the Unreal Engine as well. This should cut back on development time, and Cyberpunk 2 production will finally begin.

It's been a huge clusterfuck these last two years at CDPR.:(

Should be the first lesson they and buyers learned from Cyberpunk 2077. It also happened with Witcher 2. CDPR was in full PR mode and delayed it for a year.

Whoops had to stall the PR machine after wasting money and reset it again.

There's been no solid indication yet of who the protagonist is or isn't, so any speculation is just that.

That said, I feel like it's either going to be a new character of CDPR's own creation or that we'll get to customize. Perhaps a combination of those similar to Cyberpunk.

There's been no solid indication yet of who the protagonist is or isn't, so any speculation is just that.

That said, I feel like it's either going to be a new character of CDPR's own creation or that we'll get to customize. Perhaps a combination of those similar to Cyberpunk.

I hope so. I don't really care for Vesemir.

Maybe you're Dandelion and have to minstrel your way past monsters?

I hope so. I don't really care for Vesemir.

I can't see it being Vesemir. Even if it's set in the past, I don't think playing him would appeal to a lot of people. I could be wrong though.

Maybe you're Dandelion and have to minstrel your way past monsters?

Shhh… don't give them any crazy ideas.

The only thing I ask of the protagonist is to be able to create my own. The first Witcher trilogy was based on the books, so you followed that story as Geralt, fine.

The next game there's no book written about, so please please let me write my own story from the eyes of my own protagonist.

I would like to be able to develop your own protagonist for a change. I think instead of having a set persona it might be rather interesting in the Witcher world.

I would prefer a set protagonist. That was the strength of the Witcher series. All of the best quests in every game revolved around Geralt's history and relationships.

I didn't care for Vesemir either, but if they did such a game it would be a completely different, younger Vesemir with a different voice actor.

Back
Top Bottom