Things you don't need to know...

According to my sources (https://www.nrk.no/urix/giften-til-...brukes-til-a-utvikle-koronamedisin-1.15633112 - in Norwegian, but there's a paicture), the venomous (can kill 16 humans) and Brazilian snake Bothrops jararacussu (aka araracuçu, jararacuçu-verdadeiro, patrona, surucucu, surucucu-dourada, surucucu-tapete, urutu-dourado, urutu-estrela, Yarara-cussu, Yarara dorada, Yarara guasu, Yarara guazu, Painted Yope and Yoperojobobo) has in its venom molecules that may attack the covid-19 virus.

Where are the ozzians?

pibbur who no matter what prefers to avoid any species of the suborder Serpentes.

Last edited:
According to my sources (https://www.nrk.no/urix/giften-til-...brukes-til-a-utvikle-koronamedisin-1.15633112 - in Norwegian, but there's a paicture), the venomous (can kill 16 humans) and Brazilian snake Bothrops jararacussu (aka araracuçu, jararacuçu-verdadeiro, patrona, surucucu, surucucu-dourada, surucucu-tapete, urutu-dourado, urutu-estrela, Yarara-cussu, Yarara dorada, Yarara guasu, Yarara guazu, Painted Yope and Yoperojobobo) has in its venom molecules that may attack the covid-19 virus.

Where are the ozzians?

pibbur who no matter what prefers to avoid any species of the suborder Serpentes.

I find these names fascinating. I wonder what they all mean ? SLooks Spanish or Portoguese to mee ...

Labor day Sales Event at Shroud of the Avatar. Crown sales 20% off. And other things.

pibbuR who didn't bother posting a link. (But who for some reason considers installing the game. And then maybe play it.. at least starting it).

Oh man, one of the kick starter projects that forever sullied my faith in the business and in Richard Garriott specifically. I've still never even tried the game, and not sure if I ever will. It irks me just to dwell on it.

Are we sure it wasn't imported from Australia? :)

Are we sure it wasn't imported from Australia? :)
Do you trust the ozzies? I mean ozzies In general. Those nice people we have here are mostly harmless (even if they falsely claim the island is safe).

pibbuR who is waiting for the worms to come to Norway before ….. doing something.

Do you trust the ozzies? I mean ozzies In general. Those nice people we have here are mostly harmless (even if they falsely claim the island is safe).

Those who make music ?

Ever wondered what game engine is used for most games nowadays?

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/pglm09/most_popular_game_engines_on_steam/

Hint: It's used in Pillars of Eternity and every other crowdfunded RPG.
I'm not surprised.

It's annoying though, because when those teams get bigger they'll tend to keep the same engine and outgrow it. And it doesn't look like it's behaving well once too many features are added - ref to the performance problems in Solasta and WotR that are very unevenly shared by GPU type.

I'm not so sure Unity is actually the most used engine. I tried Googling it, but I couldn't find any hard statistics. It seems to be a toss-up between Unity and Unreal.

I haven't seen any hard stats recently, but my impression is that Unity is still winning handily, in overall usage numbers. I'd be surprised if it weren't, being that much more approachable. The trouble is, as some of those commenters note, the numbers can be a bit misleading. There could be a million Unity games, because it's easier to make something game-shaped with Unity, but there might only be ten you'd consider playing.

Not surprised by Renpy being popular as well. Makes a good engine for adult games.:drool:

I'm not surprised.

It's annoying though, because when those teams get bigger they'll tend to keep the same engine and outgrow it. And it doesn't look like it's behaving well once too many features are added - ref to the performance problems in Solasta and WotR that are very unevenly shared by GPU type.
I always had problems with Unity just search old threads for crowdfunded games. You could also ask Ripper as he always chimed in that I was wrong with my opinion.

Especially about Unity game mod tools.:p

Link - https://www.renpy.org/
Ren'Py is a visual novel engine – used by thousands of creators from around the world – that helps you use words, images, and sounds to tell interactive stories that run on computers and mobile devices. These can be both visual novels and life simulation games. The easy to learn script language allows anyone to efficiently write large visual novels, while its Python scripting is enough for complex simulation games. Ren'Py is open source and free for commercial use.
Most visual novels sold on steam use the engine.

In case anyone should be interested (why?):

Code:
static string stateFromPostcode(string postcodeString)
{
  string returnState = "NSW";
  int postcode = 0;

// Get a numeric postcode from a string entered; if the TryParse fails, then
  // we will default to "NSW" anyway.
  bool result = Int32.TryParse(postcodeString, out postcode);
  if (result == true)
  {
    // These limits and assumptions are from [url]https://postcodes-australia.com[/url].
    // By making the postcode numeric, and then ordering the checking that
    // is done into numeric order, we can simplify the if-else-else to a simple
    // "if less than number" in the majority of States and Territories.

if ((postcode > 799) && (postcode < 1000)) returnState = "NT";
    else if (postcode < 2000) returnState = "NSW";
    else if (((postcode > 2599) && (postcode < 2619)) ||
             ((postcode > 2899) && (postcode < 3000))) returnState = "ACT";
    else if (postcode < 3000) returnState = "NSW";
    else if (postcode < 4000) returnState = "VIC";
    else if (postcode < 5000) returnState = "QLD";
    else if (postcode < 6000) returnState = "SA";
    else if (postcode < 7000) returnState = "WA";
    else if (postcode < 8000) returnState = "TAS";
    else returnState = "NSW";
  } else returnState = "NSW";
  return returnState;
}

Huh? Its's a c# routine to determine state from postcode. In Australia. Found it on Codeproject (https://www.codeproject.com/Tips/5312890/Csharp-Function-to-Calculate-the-Australian-State).

The routine is of course not particularly advanced.

pibbuR who observes that the routine was first published 15.09.2021. With typos.

PS. One has of course to translate the meaningless-looking codes to the real probably-fancy-looking (lots of 'w' and 'o' and 'l') names. I didn't bother, neither should you. DS

PPS. Fortunately it would be much harder (much more work) to do this in Norway. DS

EDIT: As said, the code isn't particularly advanced. But the worst thing is that it's very clear what it does. The programmer apparently doesn't know how to write obfuscated code for which the C-family of languages is very well suited.

Last edited:
Here, we are sometimes asked at the cash registers (spelling ?) to tell the postcode number.
Everytime I do this in a town I visit, my mind makes up a graph with me being the big outlier ! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom