Things you don't need to know...

Ever wonder how much nitro/air is in each bag of chips?

Link - https://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Article/2018/06/20/How-much-air-is-in-your-bag-of-chips

How-much-air-pic-1.jpg

I believe the claim is that the air keeps the chips fresh, so maybe more air better chips? :)

Interesting. And I suppose it keeps the chips intact too, making a little airbag around them.

Ideally they'd suck the air from the bag but it would crumple them and people wouldn't be happy about that. ;)

Yeah but it still sucks when half a bag is Nitro given the inflation level prices. It was even announced PepsiCoo who owns Frito-Lay will shrink the bags once again to save money.

A damn bag of Cheetos puffs cost $7 dollars. Only cost $3.75 a few years back.

Calm down this isn't the political forum.:(

Yeah but it still sucks when half a bag is Nitro given the inflation level prices. It was even announced PepsiCoo who owns Frito-Lay will shrink the bags once again to save money.

A damn bag of Cheetos puffs cost $7 dollars. Only cost $3.75 a few years back.

Calm down this isn't the political forum.:(

Heating oil has increased about as much in a few months here. Thankfully we don't buy chips, so we saved a little bit for that. :lol:

Isn't nitro and air ... just air? There's already 80% of it in the air. Sounds like marketing jargon.

Would be interesting to see the comparison on the amount of air in a bag 2 years ago and now.
Same bag size, less chips, higher price. Nah, manufactures aren't evil like that ;)

** checks it's not April 1st **

I don't know where to put this, but it's innocent enough (or is it?).

The Sims 4 Adding Sexual Orientation

EA announces plans to update the Create a Sim process in The Sims 4 with a new Sexual Orientation feature. The post discusses the upcoming change, saying, "Between this update and the recent pronouns update, we’re taking several strides forward into being a game that respects and celebrates the nuance and color of everyday life." Word is: "we are committed to continuing to improve our representation of the LGBTQIA+ community." On a related note, GamesRadar+ reports on indications that World of Warcraft Dragonflight is "un-gendering" character creation. This is based on datamined information, and has not been announced. Back to the update for The Sims 4, it includes details on efforts to get this right:

«Authenticity is a point that often comes up in regards to features like this, and rightly so. As such I’ll try to peel the curtain back a bit and speak to our efforts in making sure we got this right. Many members of the team, myself included, are part of the LGBTQIA+ community. That said, each one of us on the team represents only a narrow slice of lived experiences. As such we’ve worked extensively with GLAAD and the It Gets Better Project to ensure that we’ve captured the widest possible range of viewpoints on how to approach this feature in a manner that respects and elevates the community.»

Sounds like a good plan.

This place is where robots come to hang out :)

Wyatt Earp's Nephew, Virgil Earp (Born in 1879), Talks About the Wild West

MIT, Autodesk develop AI that can figure out confusing Lego instructions (https://www.theregister.com/2022/07/27/lego_machine_learning_ai_framework/)

The report mentions the real challenge, how to assemble IKEA furniture.

pibbuR who actually doesn't have problems with said IKEA things (perhaps due to years of training). LEGO, OTOH - long time since he workerd with bricks.

PS. Saw a LEGO kit for building a really huuuge Milennium Falcon the other day. Was tempted of course. Until I saw the charged price: 7000 NOK (700 EUR). DS.

PPS. There doesn't seem to be any Star Trek LEGO kits (for licensing reasons). But of course, people have made the Enterprise from scratch:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7O5jqzQ65Q
. DS.

Yes, LEGOs are great, but expensive.

There's a simulator but I don't remember the name. Wasn't it Minecraft?
Yeah as I kid I loved buying LEGOs as that was in the 90's. Nowadays to expensive.:nod:

I played with Lego as a kid. We still have that huge can filled with all these bricks standing in the attic. ;)

Has anyone ever seen a bunny as big as a dog? Now I have.o_o

1659188095252.png

Another great actor passed away today.

Titanic and Omen actor David Warner dies at 80.
Actor David Warner, who starred in films such as The Omen and Tron, has died at the age of 80 from a cancer-related illness.

His family said they were sharing the news "with an overwhelmingly heavy heart".
Warner was also known for playing Billy Zane's villainous sidekick Spicer Lovejoy in James Cameron's 1997 blockbuster Titanic.

He recently appeared as naval eccentric Admiral Boom in Mary Poppins Returns.
Warner died on Sunday at Denville Hall, a care home for those in the entertainment industry.

"Over the past 18 months he approached his diagnosis with a characteristic grace and dignity," his family said in a statement given to the BBC.

"He will be missed hugely by us, his family and friends, and remembered as a kind-hearted, generous and compassionate man, partner and father, whose legacy of extraordinary work has touched the lives of so many over the years. We are heartbroken," it continued.

Back
Top Bottom