Things you don't need to know...

I heard a rumour, but I've no links and it may very well not be true: The QWERTY layout was invented to minimize the risk of stuck hammer-pairs by striking two neighbour keys very quickly one after the other, which could happen with very fast typists.

One popular but incorrect[5] explanation for the QWERTY arrangement is that it was designed to reduce the likelihood of internal clashing of typebars by placing commonly used combinations of letters farther from each other inside the machine.[115]

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typewriter

More on Mr. Sholes and his layout : More : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY and here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sholes_and_Glidden_typewriter

German-language Wikipedia has this :

Geschichte​

Diese Anordnungen der Buchstabentasten gehen auf das 19. Jahrhundert zurück. 1868 ordnete der US-amerikanische Drucker und Zeitungsherausgeber Christopher Latham Sholes die Tasten der Schreibmaschine erstmals nicht mehr alphabetisch an, allerdings nicht, wie häufig angenommen, im Interesse flüssigen Schreibens. Ziel war es stattdessen, die am häufigsten vorkommenden Buchstabenfolgen räumlich möglichst zu trennen. Wenn häufig als Kombination vorkommende Buchstaben auf der Tastatur nebeneinander liegen, so liegen auch die Typenhebel dieser Buchstaben im Mechanismus der Schreibmaschine nebeneinander, haben somit eine größere Berührungsfläche und verhaken sich öfter. Sholes verteilte die häufigsten Buchstaben der englischen Sprache E, T, O, A, N und I möglichst gleichmäßig im Halbkreis. Die Zwischenräume füllte er mit dem restlichen Alphabet auf. Dabei vermied er, häufig auftretende Zweier-Kombinationen wie HE, TH oder ND auf nahe beieinanderliegende Tasten zu legen. Sholes meldete im Jahre 1875 eine Schreibmaschine mit der QWERTY-Tastaturbelegung zum Patent an.[4]

Es wird vielfach vermutet, dass Sholes zudem die Buchstaben des englischen Begriffs typewriter (deutsch Schreibmaschine) absichtlich alle in der ersten Zeile unterbrachte, um dem Verkaufspersonal das schnelle Demonstrieren des Tippvorgangs zu erleichtern.[5][6][7] Es gibt keine gesicherten Belege für diese Vermutung.

Die so entstandene Anordnung, die weniger auf ergonomischen Überlegungen basiert als auf einer statistischen Untersuchung über die Häufigkeit von Buchstabenfolgen in der englischen Sprache, führte zur QWERTY-Tastaturbelegung, die sich aber erst um 1920 gegen andere Belegungen durchsetzen konnte.

Source :

Thanks Alrik.

pibbuR whose characters are far apart

PS. Wow. Ich konnte den ganzen deutschen Text lesen (und meistens verstehen). Das hatte ich nicht geglaubt. DS.
PPS. Writing is another matter. Please excuse (but feel free to correct) any mistakes. DS.

Last edited:
Your sentence looks fine for me. I see no errors in it.

"Paint Drying is a 2016 British experimental protest film that was produced, directed and shot by Charlie Shackleton. Shackleton created the film in protest against film censorship in the United Kingdom and the sometimes-prohibitive cost to independent filmmakers which the British Board of Film Classification's (BBFC) classification requirement imposes"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_Drying

The film is 10 hours land 7 minutes long and shows ... white paint on a brick wall drying (one single shot, no audio). He used crowd sourcing to finance the cost of getting the film classified (£101.50 plus £7.09 per minute).

The board had to watch all of it, resulting in a "U"(niversal) , "no material likely to offend or harm"

"In 2022, academic Arina Pismenny referred to Paint Drying as an example of art that was objectively boring yet interesting given its context."

pibbuR who wonders if any watcher have seen it (not available in Norway), but observes that the lackblogger is very competent when it comes to movies :)) )

PS. It was also covered in the "P" series of the British show QI, the 6th episode ("pictures"). DS.

Last edited:
Japan's ispace says Hakuto-R crashed because it got confused by a crater rim
https://www.engadget.com/japans-isp...t-got-confused-by-a-crater-rim-113115803.html

Hakuto_R was a Japanese spacecraft destined to land on the moon. Which it did, but apparently not very smooth. It crashed. According to the article, it thought it had landed, when in reality it was hovering 5 km above the lunar surface. Ouch!

pibbuR who wonders if ChatGPT has anything to do with it.

Well, I do occasionally apply some (just a tiny bit) greasy stuff down there. Bought from the pharmacy, clean, white coloured and with quite a nice smell. And the reason is that sometimes I get a bit sore from all the cycling.

pibbuR who hopes this wasn't too much detail

PS. For the record, any surplus of said "grease" is washed away when I shower after my daily exercise. DS.

Last edited:
That's very fast! I first thought it was a fast-forward replay.

Regarding the algorithms, there's a similar problem in the Python Challenge. There, it's not about speed, but the reward is in the journey. ;)

Yeah just read about the following word Gooch Grease.
Your welcome.o_o
Heh, they claim it's a man's issue, as if women don't have ass-sweat and poop with their butt.

In Sweden there's a few variations of words for poop getting stuck in your butthair: kockelbär, kocklebär , konkelbär, are all different variations of what could be translated to "dungberries" I'd guess... 😱

Since men generally are hairier, I'd guess this happens more often to men (unless they shave their butthole).

"Bär" means "bear" in German language ...

Well, I do occasionally apply some (just a tiny bit) greasy stuff down there. Bought from the pharmacy, clean, white coloured and with quite a nice smell. And the reason is that sometimes I get a bit sore from all the cycling.

pibbuR who hopes this wasn't too much detail

PS. For the record, any surplus of said "grease" is washed away when I shower after my daily exercise. DS.
So you are a person, who gets butthurt easily? :poop:

In Sweden there's a few variations of words for poop getting stuck in your butthair: kockelbär, kocklebär , konkelbär, are all different variations of what could be translated to "dungberries" I'd guess... 😱
We usually say "dingleberry" over here. :)

PizzaHut is launching another disgusting pizza.:puke:
It features a hand-tossed crust, Buttermilk Ranch sauce, and cheese, crispy breaded chicken breast seasoned with Nashville Hot Seasoning, sliced white onions, and spicy dill pickles for toppings, and is finished off with a drizzle of Buttermilk Ranch,

Last edited:
Take a look at this picture. Notice something strange?
ae3Eu5tDyStxyHdrrqSXdD-970-80.jpg.webp

pibbuR who announces there will be an announcement about this tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom