Things you don't need to know...

Okay, you are partially right. I have looked at it through a search engine and found that Burger King apparingly did this in whole Germany.

I still stand to my point, though, that these are NOT regular burgers in Germany !

It's a US company, so they may have their own idea of what we eat (or should eat) in Europe. ;)

The only viable alternatives here are Quick (original Belgian, now French) or McDonald. So at least there's one possibility which is more or less local. But it's fast food anyway, so who cares. :p

A Google Cloud employee set a new record calculating the 100 trillionth digit of pi (https://www.fastcompany.com/9075885...rd-calculating-the-100-trillionth-digit-of-pi)

It "took 157 days to run across 128 virtual processors using 864 gigabytes of memory"

The employee (Emma Haruka Iwao) also set a milestone back in '19, when she calculated 3.14 trillion digits of the beast.

pibbuR who know feels he has to keep track of even more digits of pi (currently he remembers 5).

PS. The news bit says that "Google is also releasing a demo that anyone can use to calculate a smaller number of digits of pi on its cloud systems; the code used to do the computing is available on GitHub.", but doesn't offer more details. DS.

Last edited:
Georgia built a glass restaurant 900 Feet Above a Canyon.o_o

Link - https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/diamond-shaped-glass-restaurant-now-220424634.html

AAYHUJC.img

Georgia built a glass restaurant 900 Feet Above a Canyon.o_o

A very sensible idea. :lol:
Perhaps people don't mind if their meal is more frugal.

They wouldn't build that here with the winds we get in autumn and spring (and it's a rather flat country). Probably nothing in comparison to what people get in Florida and other places though.

Amazon's Alexa could soon mimic voice of dead relatives: https://techxplore.com/news/2022-06-amazon-alexa-mimic-voice-dead.html

Finally, my significantly lacking enthusiasm for these "services" disappears.
But why stop there?

What about:
  1. Death from the Discworld universe?
  2. Death metal vocalists?
  3. HAL?
  4. Bugs Bunny?
  5. Sylvanas, before they changed her?
  6. Several (mostly evil) characters from horror movies?
  7. The Brady Bunch?
  8. The Oblivion voice actor?
  9. Ozzy?
  10. Ozzies?
  11. Microsoft phone callers?

But NOT ANY SMURFS!!!

pibbuR who observes that the world is moving forward in some direction

PS. According to the report another of the evil ones has no plans for copying this amazon feature

Last edited:
Google's code of conduct forbids them from doing evil. ;)

Still, quite the poor taste from Amazon, they're really getting worse by the day. Mostly Chinese imports, no more quality support, deliveries at all hours of day and night, and this. But I forgive them for having Mr Robot and The Americans on their Prime video catalogue.

Sounds like a tonic for mental health - a device that's listening at all times, and speaks to you in the voices of the dead.

I've posted some of these before. I enjoy these happy place videos.

Google's code of conduct forbids them from doing evil. ;)

Still, quite the poor taste from Amazon, they're really getting worse by the day. Mostly Chinese imports, no more quality support, deliveries at all hours of day and night, and this. But I forgive them for having Mr Robot and The Americans on their Prime video catalogue.

Do no evil? I think after the changes they made for the Chinese Goverment it has morphed to “Do no evil, unless it makes money”

So Fries And Peanut Butter are really a thing? If so excuse me while I go throw up.:puke:

peanut-butter-fries_015.jpg

Man loses data for entire city's population after night out drinking.

Link - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-61921222
For many, after-work drinks are a common way of relaxing after a busy week.

But one worker in Japan could be nursing a protracted hangover after he lost a USB memory stick following a night out with colleagues.

Why? It contained the personal details of nearly half a million people.

The unnamed man placed the memory stick in his bag before an evening of drinking in the city of Amagasaki, north-west of Osaka.

He spent several hours drinking in a local restaurant before eventually passing out on the the street, local media reported.

When he eventually came around, he realised that both his bag and the memory stick were missing.

Here is 2022's World's Ugliest Dog contest winner named Mr. Happy Face.

AAYRuoJ.img

Well if that wasn't enough for ya here's another picture of Mr. Happy Face.

AAYRMCH.img

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom