Things you don't need to know...

I feel like in the UK this doesn't happen. They have to make you sign or put it in a safe place designated by you.
It's the same here in Oz, plus most of the time I get an email telling me on which day it will be delivered.

I feel like in the UK this doesn't happen. They have to make you sign or put it in a safe place designated by you.
It happens to me. A number of times I've had packages soaking wet, just left on the doorstep. And two breakages from packages being chucked over the garden gate. Last time I saw the bugger do it, so I went out to ask that he not do it again. He told me that if I didn't like it, I shouldn't take 'half an hour' to answer the door. Then he started shouting loudly about how he was not a thief(?), and hadn't done anything wrong, in an effort to embarrass me in front of the neighbours. I was not amused, and it ended with him jumping in his van, and screeching off down the road. Absolute dickhead.

The median age in industrial countries of the world, in which the SMS must have first appeared, is in the 40s (ref). So yes, most adults should remember a life before SMS.

The author is 35, he's just projecting. :LOL:

PS: The US is at 38.5, which is relatively young.

Well here's another food lawsuit over cheese sticks to laugh at again.
Though you have to ask how can they call them mozzarella and not use mozzarella cheese? So maybe this case has a slim chance of settling and winning at best. :unsure:

Last edited:
Sapiosexuality is the latest buzzword for a certain segment of people.
Can someone build a time machine? As I need to go back in time.

As the present has finally become an idiocracy. :ROFLMAO:

There are very likely still living people who were on the first television broadcasts made during 1927. However, no-one from The Royal Navy who took part in the 1940 Dunkirk Evacuation is still alive.

Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus, was first published just over 205 years ago. Meanwhile, Frankenstein was published 207 years after Shakespeare's The Tempest was first performed.

It is just over 14 years since the first android mobile phone arrived on the market, just over 15 years since the first iphone, if you prefer that stat. Billie Eilish is currently 19 years old.

It was just over 17 years between the release of Elder Scrolls I: Arena and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is currently just over 11 years since Skyrim. Meanwhile, Instagram is just over 12 years old.

It is now 6 years since Bitcoin first went over $1,000 in value, 5 years since $10,000. One Bitcoin today is worth $13,997.19, which is only $12,661.41 when adjusted for inflation. There are now 5,392 virtual currencies, 99.5% of which are worth less than $7 each, 98.5% less than $1.

The time between the end of the First World War and the release of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was 49 years. It's been just over 55 years since Sgt. Pepper was released.

I'm so glad that I don't like olives, because they taste awful!

Right!

Why do we like some types of food and not others? And why do we disagree on what's good or not? Interesting question. And why did I as a child hate several dishes I now find delicious (several of the perverted Norwegian dishes comes to mind)?. And above all, why do the Swedes like Surströmming?

In some cases there is actually a rational, good background for it. Consider the herb coriander (aka cilantro). Rumours say most people enjoy it. However, around 10% of us (globally, there are regional differences), yours truly among those, find it tastes like rotten soap. And we (most of us 10%) don't like that. And it has something to do with our genes, especially the well known ORGA24 - in other words, we're genetically sup... eh... different from the cilantro fanboys. And because of this, it's highly unlikely that our tastes will develop into a more cilantro friendly attitude (what about gene therapy?). So there!!!

BTW, the above is mostly about fresh cilantro. Most of us tolerate it in the form of dried powder used as spice.

pibbuR who has not found any references to genetic causes for not enjoying Skyrim. Or Elden Ring. Or Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.

Last edited:
Consider this picture:

image-asset.png

There is something hidden. I didn't see it until being hinted. Can you see it?
SEX

Funny thing: When you see it, you can't "unsee" it.

pibbuR who found this in a lecture given by professor Heather Berlin on Oneday university (onedayuy.com - requires a subscription, well worth it)(.

Last edited:
I saw it without your spoiler. Will I get a cookie?
(However, I wouldn't have seen it without the info, that something is hidden there. May be it is better not to say: "Something is hidden there." But only "Do you see something special in this picture?" Do you by chance know, how the professor presented it in the lecture?)

I saw it without your spoiler. Will I get a cookie?
(However, I wouldn't have seen it without the info, that something is hidden there. May be it is better not to say: "Something is hidden there." But only "Do you see something special in this picture?" Do you by chance know, how the professor presented it in the lecture?)
No. Go wash your eyes!
Too late (probably).
"Raise your hand if you can see the subliminal message here"
It's an image used to test how stimuli are subconsciously detected (and what goes on in the brain, using functional MRI)

pibbuR who is a subscriber to OneDay university.

PS. I didn't see it, even when being told there was something there. Probably due to my innocent, clean mind. Or my age. DS

PPS. "Do you by chance know, how the professor presented it in the lecture?" One interesting thing: I repeatedly read the question as "Do you by chance know the professor" (I don't) - kind of meaningless (why on earth would you ask me that????). I didn't get the original meaning until 5 minutes ago. DS.

Last edited:
2023 should be a very lucky year:

2+0+2+3 = 7

2023 = (10+7)^2 * 7
Hex(2023) = 0x7E7

Do you know what soda is the oldest? Hint it's not Coke or Pepsi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom