Things you might like to know.

Wow. That's a pretty neat trick, that should do while we can still own an car and not have to rent them.

As for BMW, from what I've heard they were not producing fun cars anymore, now it's dull engines and front-wheel drive (didn't bother to check though). There won't be any DLC to solve that. ;)

Never ceases to amaze me the nerve these companies have in the new ways they propose to shaft us, and how some folks just accept it. So, the car I've purchased and which is now my private property, remains ultimately under their full control, and they will decide which features they see fit to disable unless I pay ongoing fees?

Don't forget to turn that sideways, BMW. Before you shove it up your arse.

It's not really as if they could justify that by continuous improvements and development though. How in hell are they going to make it stick? I'm curious to see how this evolves (at a safe distance).

George Washington Carver did not invent peanut butter as schools have taught.
While George Washington Carver was presumed to be the inventor of peanut butter, the National Peanut Board tells us that he actually had nothing to do with the spread, though Carver is well-recognized for his work with peanut plants. The true inventor of peanut butter -- or at least, a peanut paste -- was Marcellus Gilmore Edson, a Canadian chemist who patented his invention in 1884. In 1895, another character familiar with foodstuffs, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg patented his own peanut butter made from raw peanuts

As the National Peanut Board explains, there is a theory that a physician in St. Louis developed peanut butter as sort of a protein substitute for his older patients, who in their old age, had lost most of their teeth and were unable to chew. The peanut spread would provide the protein they would be missing from a now-meatless diet. In 1904, peanut butter made its official debut at the World's Fair in St. Louis, thus beginning peanut butter's role as a beloved American spread for years to come.

Meet the robot that will help destroy fast-food jobs in the future.

Last edited:
Great... well, at least there won't be any obstacle to remove fast food entirely from the market, that'll save a huge budget for health care.
In the US this tech will destroy million of necessary jobs. As most of the population work retail, fast-food, and warehouses. It will be interesting to see how the market fixes itself because there wont be enough jobs for everyone at one point. Yet they push the tech.

Talk from professionals is universal income will probably become a worldwide reality.

Time to go to the grocery, and do your own Burgers from your own bought ingredients.

That should interest @Moorkh. Actually, I see DALL-E was mentioned in one of his links.
Thank you. I will look into this a bit. I've been perusing various other services for a bit when I realised I can install Stable Diffusion on my own PC. Contrary to common expectation, it actually runs a lot faster on my GPU than on those online services.

for example here: https://github.com/cmdr2/stable-diffusion-ui#installation

word of warning, though: this is very addictive - the time I've spent watching my PC turn any convoluted thought (as a text prompt) into vivid visuals is ...not quite healthy?

In the US this tech will destroy million of necessary jobs. As most of the population work retail, fast-food, and warehouses. It will be interesting to see how the market fixes itself because there wont be enough jobs for everyone at one point. Yet they push the tech.

Talk from professionals is universal income will probably become a worldwide reality.
Well, there's also the fact that unemployment is too low at the moment, so this might balance it out somehwat as it's unlikely to be adopted everywhere in one fell swoop.

Okay your almost two months late in replying but cool opinion. ;p

Anyway I'm not kidding most US jobs are retail and fast-food. Both of these industries are looking to heavily use robots in the future. To improve efficacy and save money.

Unemployment is low that's news to me as I know many without jobs. Just goes to show the numbers are inaccurate as it relies on many of those people applying for benefits.

Most are disqualified or can't get unemployment benefits so there not counted. I could go on about inflation and actual job growth also but that's another thread, and sub-forum.

Back
Top Bottom