THQ Nordic Conference

I'm more interested in Tempest Rising as I'm a huge RTS fan.

It's developed by 3D Realm so that's a surprise as well. Jagged Alliance 3 was annouced at last years event but the developers went silent. There was a steam update about that.

The Valiant and Knights of Honor II look interesting as well.

As for Gothic they claim it's in-game footage. Anyway looks good but after two years of silence THQ could share more details about the remake, but haven't.

All I know is it's a new studio from Spain, and they will try to recreate the same game.

Have you tried Old World by the way?
Nope read a few reviews but no I haven't played it yet. Honest opinion though from what I've read and watched online it's not what I expected from Soren Johnson.

He was the man behind the best civilization game.

Last edited:
Most of us probably missed this short text update after the stream.

THQ Nordic teases new South Park game in development - Gematsu

1660431999308.png

1660432007275.png

1660432017433.png

FWIW: A little update about Expeditions: Rome. Seen on Discord when Fasih (dev) replied to players' questions:

- Hello. In the near future I plan to play Rome for the second time since its release, so I come with a question. Will there be any more add-ons or updates released?
- Fasih: there is an upcoming update in the pipeline, but unfortunately there have been a number of unforeseen issues with it. we're working on releasing it as soon as possible. But we don't want to fix one thing just to break a bunch of other things...

[....]

- I just worry whether Rome will get abandonned too soon
- Fasih: The update is coming indeed... We've run into a complex series of problems but I'm optimistic
as for being abondoned hmmmm
we are certainly still in charge of the game and nobody abandoned it
that being said I'd like to make it clear that Expeditions: Rome is not a live service game or an MMO... it is finished as a story
we haven't announced anything yet regarding further paid DLC

[...]

- Do you know when we might get an idea of what the status of the game is?
i.e. more updates/patches/content/DLC, or if it's time to move on?

- Fasih: soon (TM)
we need to take care of some stuff first
- So it does sound like we are going to get a next expeditions? Your hints sound very optimistic.
- Fasih: well I am optimistic
but I am not the decision-maker
it depends on many factors

Finally an update but technical and other problems still worry me. Like said before the GOG version still needs the last few patches. That should not be a big issue and easy to fix.

Finally an update but technical and other problems still worry me. Like said before the GOG version still needs the last few patches. That should not be a big issue and easy to fix.
EDIT: Buy on Steam, that should be fine. Don't buy it on GOG.

I've been struggling with that problem since April. GOG recently told me they were in contact with the devs (allegedly due to my tenacious enquiries on both sides), but I'm not yet convinced it will lead anywhere. Especially since the devs are normally not involved in the release process (or so they told me).

THQ Nordic offers virtually no support, it's quite frustrating:
  • If you discuss with them on Discord, it's always "we're investigating".
  • If you report on their bug tracker, it's often ignored or acknowledged then forgotten. You should see the reasons they give to discard bugs, it's unbelievable!
  • If you contact them directly there are 2 possible answers which boil down to "F* off". I've written to them about 10 times, and it's always the same exact text, with 2 alternatives.
It's a good thing Logic Artists are quite helpful on Discord, otherwise I don't know how the game bugs would have been solved. Bugs that are exclusive to GOG will never be fixed though.

Back
Top Bottom