Timothy Cain - How to Get a Job in the Game Industry

Getting a job in the game industry can be a thrilling adventure! In my experience, it's all about showcasing your passion for gaming and your skills. Networking is key, so connect with people in the industry, attend gaming events, and join online communities.

Very good principles from Tim.
Getting a job in the game industry can be a thrilling adventure! In my experience, it's all about showcasing your passion for gaming and your skills. Networking is key, so connect with people in the industry, attend gaming events, and join online communities.
I also agree with what YanBG said. Nowadays it is quite easy to find a job if you have some authority in the field. And to create authority, you have at your disposal a lot of online communities.

To complete what I said above, I believe that in essence, finding a job in the games industry is no different from finding a job in any other industry.
Currently, having access to the internet and all the online platforms, makes it is much easier to find a job in any industry than it was when Tim started.

The more skilled and experienced you are, the easier it is. And all you have to do today is to perfect your CV and send it to as many companies as possible. Companies that you know for sure are looking for people like you (based on the announcements they put on job hunting sites, such as Indeed).
But for those who really have no idea how to find their first job, maybe you come from another country, or maybe you're young, and it's your first job hunt, I've described the process of job searching on bizop.org. Click here for more info.

Back
Top Bottom