Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Released on Epic Games

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The looter-shooter Tiny Tina's Wonderlands has been released on Epic Games:

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Embark on an epic adventure full of whimsy, wonder, and high-powered weaponry! Bullets, magic, and broadswords collide across this chaotic fantasy world brought to life by the unpredictable Tiny Tina.
Roll your own multiclass hero and loot, shoot, slash, and cast your way through outlandish monsters and loot-filled dungeons on a quest to stop the tyrannical Dragon Lord. Everyone's welcome, so join the party, throw on your adventuring boots, and be Chaotic Great!

AN UNPREDICTABLE FANTASY WORLD
Tiny Tina is your disorderly guide through an extraordinary tabletop realm where rules rarely apply. Explore a vast overworld spanning majestic cities, dank mushroom forests, foreboding fortresses, and more!

GUNS, SPELLS, AND MORE
Blast baddies with powerful guns and devastating spells in frenetic first-person battles. Use your firepower to vanquish legions of enemies, including smack-talking skeletons, land-roaming sharks, and colossal bosses. Then delve deeper into dangerous dungeons for a shot at epic loot!

PARTY UP TO DEFEAT EVIL
Joining you at the table are headstrong captain Valentine and rule-obsessed robot Frette. During your quest to defeat the Dragon Lord, you'll meet a cast of lovable misfits like a lute-wielding Bardbarian and your very own Fairy Punchfather.

PERSONALIZE YOUR HERO
Create the perfect hero with deep customization, including a multiclass system that lets you mix and match six unique character skill trees, all with their own awesome abilities. Level up, refine your build, expand your arsenal, and become the ultimate adventurer.

BAND TOGETHER IN CHAOTIC CO-OP
Enjoy the story solo or start a party with up to three friends in seamless online multiplayer. Share the spoils or rush to get the shiniest loot--how you play is up to you!

Couchpotato spotted a Game Informer's review:

More information.

So, historically I've played every Borderlands game with my partner. We both love it, the silly humour, the fun guns you find, the actual challenging gameplay hidden behind all that humorous, cartoonish mask too.

Couldn't do TTW, however, and dropped it after just a few hours. I believe there are two main reasons.

The first is that the game is largely structured in "encounters", which I guess has the point of comparing it to a DnD game, but that didn't work for me. It makes the game staged, inconsistent, and denies it a good flow.

The second reason is that while Borderlands games have silly, tongue-in-cheek humour, TTW felt like way too much. In other borderlands, there is a real underlying plot that might not be the most elaborate writing in the history of mankind, but saving this siren, stopping that villain, or fighting the evil entity that is being summoned into the world gives relevance to what you are doing. In this game, as far as I could muster to play, they completely gave up on even trying, and the whole plot and premise of the game offer no stakes to play for. You play just for the giggles, and that really didn't do it for me.

Still, gameplay-wise, all you can expect from a Borderlands game. So for fans of that, plenty of fun to go around, I'd say. Just not my cup of tea this time around.

Thanks Nereida, your review helps. I'm counting this as Gear Box's 7th iteration of Borderlands. BL1 cartoon-graphics were ground breaking at the time, requiring less graphics resources so the game had a mass appeal. TTI doesn't appear to deviate to far from BL1's success. I've had a big swig of all of the past BL games and I will sit TT1 out this time.

Nod, I think I'd agree with both of you in how I would likely think about this game. I was hopeful when I read about it some months ago, yet it seems like something that I'd not care for after all, and putting it on Epic as an exclusive assures that I won't be purchasing it anytime soon. I might give it another look if updates change things, and if it migrates to GoG/steam at some point. While I did like the first Borderland game, the second was just awful and I never went back to the franchise after that.

Never cared much for this series, but I'm also not a big fan of looter-shooters in general. I finished the first game as the Siren but barely played BL2 before quitting out of boredom.

I could see how it's probably more fun in co-op.

I'm a Borderlands fan and have finished every previous game except for Pre-Sequel (which I still liked). I also played through and loved the Tiny Tina DLC for BL2.

I wish I hadn't bought this. The gameplay is sluggish. I didn't laugh once in ~3 hours of playing. Tiny Tina, who I loved in BL2 and liked in BL3, continues to decline in appeal as the writing does, and I found her mostly annoying so far in this, babeeeee.

I'm a Borderlands fan and have finished every previous game except for Pre-Sequel (which I still liked). I also played through and loved the Tiny Tina DLC for BL2.

I wish I hadn't bought this. The gameplay is sluggish. I didn't laugh once in ~3 hours of playing. Tiny Tina, who I loved in BL2 and liked in BL3, continues to decline in appeal as the writing does, and I found her mostly annoying so far in this, babeeeee.
That's a shame. I've also played all of the predecessors (and finished them all except no. 1 in co-op as well!), so I was looking forward to another installment.
@Nereida;: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was hilarious, but I can see how a full-length game of such intense (or even more intense) Tina silliness might be too much.

I guess I'll wait until it's on super duper special.

I think my problems with this series is that I usually play solo. I was curious about this one because the reviews are so glowing, but I think I'm gonna pass for now. Maybe check it out on sale or whenever it becomes a freebies from Epic or something. :D

Thanks for confirming that the feelings I got from the first time they showed gameplay were correct.

And I LOVE Tina's BL2 dlc, the silly dlc had a reason, Roland, but a whole game with this without a serious plot is not for me. So I'll wait util is super cheap, 5 years aprox, only to complete the collection.

So, historically I've played every Borderlands game with my partner. We both love it, the silly humour, the fun guns you find, the actual challenging gameplay hidden behind all that humorous, cartoonish mask too.

Couldn't do TTW, however, and dropped it after just a few hours. I believe there are two main reasons.

The first is that the game is largely structured in "encounters", which I guess has the point of comparing it to a DnD game, but that didn't work for me. It makes the game staged, inconsistent, and denies it a good flow.

The second reason is that while Borderlands games have silly, tongue-in-cheek humour, TTW felt like way too much. In other borderlands, there is a real underlying plot that might not be the most elaborate writing in the history of mankind, but saving this siren, stopping that villain, or fighting the evil entity that is being summoned into the world gives relevance to what you are doing. In this game, as far as I could muster to play, they completely gave up on even trying, and the whole plot and premise of the game offer no stakes to play for. You play just for the giggles, and that really didn't do it for me.

Still, gameplay-wise, all you can expect from a Borderlands game. So for fans of that, plenty of fun to go around, I'd say. Just not my cup of tea this time around.

Another dev that made a ton of money off of Steam users just to give them the finger. I'm kinda glad I'm no longer interested in giving them money. BL3 was quickly boring and I'm sure this game is similar.

"Enter a world of Metal & Magic".
I think there needs to be said nothing more.
Far too extrovert for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom