Tortured Hearts - Finished

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The development of Tortured Hearts has been finished - the game will be released on Steam:

Tortured Hearts, or How I Saved the Universe. Again.

3. Jan. 2021 - Happy New Year, dear friends! Tortured Hearts is done. We are working on our Steam presence. Thanks for your patience!
More information.

That's great news. When they first launched their Kickstarter campaign in 2012, they couldn't collect much money and that was a time where the RPG project could collect millions. Anyway, they didn't give up and finally the project see the light after 8 years. Congratulations Game Psych!! :)

I played through the first Tortured Hearts for NWN, which took me nearly 100 hours and a lot of tips and hints from a friend. :) Had a blast with it and plan on playing TH2 for NWN and this project as well.

Congrats, @SubBassman;!

I played a lot of NWN modules back in the day and this one was always of interest to me, but I couldn't get past the writing. Congratulations on the achievement. I hope that you've taken care to improve the writing in the process of making this new, expanded version. I'll definitely give it a look.

cant find the game page on steam and the demo page is gone.
Definitely interested in this

Hey guys
Yes, it's done. It was an extremely demanding work for a single person. It's been tested for more than 2 years. In the meantime, while waiting for testers and other people, I've advanced other projects. Finished 2 casual games on my own, both coming to Steam as well, advanced the code and other aspects of Newcomer Gold (Except graphics) to like 80 percent. Basically, only one main feature is missing: combat. Currently I'm working (I mean, I should be working) on ID-fying the texts of the C64 version. The rest works as intended. (look for Newcomer Gold on Facebook and MeWe) Also, I've been working on a scifi tabletop RPG (about 210 pages so far) and other small video game projects using my own tech. Currently I'm working on my website which is about to be launched soon, providing information about all of the above.

As for TH, a demo will be released soon, both in English and Hungarian. Thank you for your continued interest. TH took more than 1/5 of my entire life, basically a huge chain of quests, now completed. :)

And yes, TH is difficult, labelled as hardcore on purpose. The story is complex and ultra non-linear, mobs are relentless, you have to read a lot (complex sentences) and your choices have true consequences. Just like in the "olden times"…
Speed run is impossible in my opinion.

TH is not visible on Steam yet.

So this was built from the ground up with Unity?
Yes, but first I worked on it in the Aurora toolset for 4 years, started in 2008. Conversations, for instance, were converted from the Aurora toolset.

The NWN mods Tortured Hearts I & II are two RPGs in which you really have to use your brain to advance. Challenging, huge, sometimes very difficult, but fun. And if you can finish them it is really an accomplishment.

There are 2 Tortured Hearts modules for NWN, right? Is this a sequel of the second game?

Yes, both. Loosely, of course. If anyone played the mods, he/she can meet a few of the characters in this standalone game. There are other references too. However, the protagonist is a generic Seasoned Adventurer. He knows nothing about the events and people found in the mods.

Still haven't finished the NWN mods as it's easy to get lost and stuck.:(

Glad to see it finished but the graphics don't seem better then NWN. As it looks more cartoonist and vastly different from the originals. Just my opinion don't take it personal.

Still haven't finished the NWN mods as it's easy to get lost and stuck.:(

Yeah, it's not for everyone.

I don't want to please everyone, just a certain segment of the players who actually like this kind of challenge.

Still remember trying to play the epilogue to see the ending. It was hilarious.:lol:

Anyway all I remember is a castle after finding out about the cult and getting spell killed instantly. The second module had more of my interest as the beginning was better.

So to be clear....

This game is based on a NWN module, but it’s a standalone product? I don’t actually need NWN to play it?

So to be clear….

This game is based on a NWN module, but it's a standalone product? I don't actually need NWN to play it?
It's a standalone game made in Unity. So you don't need NWN as it's not a mod.:)

Back
Top Bottom