Turn Based Lovers - On the Radar - August 2022

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Like every month The Turn Based Lovers checked out the upcoming tactical / turn-based games. Unfortunately it's the final article from Hardcase - thanks for all your recommendations!

On The Radar - PC Turn-Based RPG & Strategy Games Releasing On August 2022

By Hardcase

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end"
- The Doors

FAREWELL WORDS

The original title of this article was supposed to be "A "meh" month? No, a "meh" me" and it should have been a reflection about my progressive difficulty to get attached to new games, because of my mental laziness and my inability to learn and understand all the way new mechanics and new features.
But, then, something changed. What was just a far intention, has grown, becoming, first, a goodbye and, then, a real farewell.

Partly behind this decision, there is the fear of becoming repetitive, writing articles that haven't anything really new to say, or, maybe, the simple necessity to look at new things.
For years I wrote the column "On The Radar" and "10 turns Interview" always trying to say something original and not specifically related to the world of videogames. The best part was the chance to meet and talk to so many devs, sharing their thoughts, hopes and ambitions. For this, I've to thank only one person: Marcello, who has my deep gratitude.

It's never easy to say goodbye. Once someone said: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" and this is true. After all, saying "hello" and "goodbye" looks quite similar, in both cases you don't know what it's waiting for you just up ahead, with the difference that a "farewell" always contains a loss.

For me, saying goodbye to Turn Based Lovers is a very hard and sad thing, but I think this is the right moment to turn the page.
I feel ready to try new adventures, perhaps writing for someone else or about something else. One thing is for sure: I can't live without videogames and without people that, just like me, loves videogames, but, for now, I've done with Turn Based Lovers. Maybe, later on, I'll come back (If Marcello still wants me) to write something foolish again, as usual, but not for now.

Perhaps, after years spent writing ABOUT videogames, this is the right time for me to write FOR a videogame. I'm pretty good at creating stories and, out there, there are so many good videogames without a good story, so who knows? If anyone is looking for a crazy writer, let's just say that I'm here!
Anyone who knows me quite well, knows that I like quotes very much, so this is for everybody who had the patience to read everything I wrote. Thanks.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

• SUPERNOVA TACTICS - 1st AUGUST
  • HARD WEST 2 - 4th AUGUST
  • VANARIS TACTICS - 4th August
  • TYRANT'S BLESSING - 8th August
  • SGS OPERATION DOWNFALL - 9th August
  • SUPER BULLET BREAK - 12th August
  • MONSTER TRIBE - 15th August
  • IGNITED STEEL: PROLOGUE - 17th August
  • SEFIROT SHARDS E.A. - 26th AUGUST
  • SOUL hACKERS 2 - 26th AUGUST
  • LA PUCELLE: RAGNAROK - 30th AUGUST
  • WORDS CAN KILL - AUGUST
  • QUEEN'S WISH 2: THE TORMENTOR
More information.

Can't say I'm surprised as the site has been scrapping the bottom barrel for suggestion for months now. Anyway thanks Hardcase for all the hard work over the past two years.🥂

Last edited:
They are just listing the games of their favourite niche genre/combat style - nothing wrong with that. I hope Marcello and the rest of the team can continue these monthly listings.

I sense bias in that reply HiddenX. It's okay to let criticism be. Still more power to them but for me over 80% of the games in their lists are unknown trash. Some are gems though.

Hard West 2 is the only game on there that I know of and have any real interest in.
I know some people like Queen's Wish too, but I never enjoyed SW games.

Any others on there I should keep an eye out for ?

Did HardCase tell why he's leaving the team? Did you ask him, @HiddenX?

I'm sad to see him go :(

Hard West 2 is the only game on there that I know of and have any real interest in.
I know some people like Queen's Wish too, but I never enjoyed SW games.

Any others on there I should keep an eye out for ?
I'll check out at least
  • Hard West 2
  • Vanaris Tactics
  • Soul Hackers 2
  • Tyrant's Blessing

Hi friends!
Thanks for the kind words. As I wrote I decided to leave just because I'm burned-out and I need to find new stimuli. Nothing else. I want to rest and try something new, then maybe I'll be back. Thanks again for reading me.

Back
Top Bottom