Turn Based Lovers - On the Radar - July 2022

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Like every month The Turn Based Lovers checked out the upcoming tactical / turn-based games:

On The Radar - Turn-Based Games releasing on July 2022

"We get these pills to swallow
How they stick in your throat?
Tastes like gold"
- Queens of the Stone Age

ABOUT MEDVEDEV, VIDEOGAMES AND MONKEY ISLAND

Have you ever felt sad without an apparent reason? I think it's something that each of us has experimented, with at least one time in his/her life. What you can do in these situations is 1) try to figure out what is the reason behind your sadness, racking your brain the whole day; 2) try to think of something funny.
First, let me say that there isn't a valid solution for all, it simply depends on what kind of person you are. For example, if you are just like me, then, believe me, the solution n. 1) is not a good idea: you can never know what you might discover about yourself! Complicated people need a simple life, this is the main reason why my head is hardly ever "full of thoughts". Believe me, it's not so bad feeling light-headed now and then!

So, excluding the n. 1), for people just like me what remains is only the "try to think of something funny" solution. Of course, these days, it's not so easy to think about something funny and may not be enough reading a random Dmitry Medvedev's shitpost...

But we can't forget that we are, in the first place, videogamers, so when we are sad without a reason we can try to regain our good mood by laughing "with" or"of" videogames, reminding us that being a videogamer can always have its advantages. For example, if your life isn't very satisfying you can always say something like "ok, it's true, my life was ruined by my obsession with video games, but fortunately, I had another two lives". Or, if you have just broken up with your girlfriend, you are allowed to play a lot of videogames, because you need to uh... console yourself.

Sometimes is the videogame itself that can give us a smile.

[...]

CIRCADIAN DICE - 11th JULY
GLOOMGRAVE - 11th JULY
UNDERGRAVE - 13th JULY
STONES KEEPER: KING AURELIUS - 14th JULY
FIRE AND MANEUVER (E.A.) - 15th JULY
IMMORTAL TACTICS: WAR OF THE ETERNALS - 15th JULY
FLEET COMMANDER: PACIFIC - 21th JULY
GEARHEAD CARAMEL - 21st JULY
BLACKEN SLASH - 22nd JULY
CHAOS GALAXY 2 - 25th JULY
VESTARIA SAGA II - 28th JULY
DARK ILL - 30th JULY
CITIZENS - JULY
TWILIGHTSTAR: HEART OF EIR -JULY
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR: SOUL ARENA - JULY
LEGENDS OF KINGDOM RUSH - JUNE
More information.

Ones with demos that look interesting:

Circadian Dice - intrigued by the idea that you build up sets of dice rather than sets of cards.

Undergrave looks quite puzzle-like, like that mech game that I can't remember the name of that I bounced off. Hopefully this is better.

Stones Keeper looked like it had potential, though the reviews of the Prologue (linked) for it are a bit mixed.

Chaos Galaxy II looks like it might be good. The original Chaos Galaxy reviewed well, and both have demos.

Immortal Tactics. It has hexes!!!11 No idea if there is any overworld mechanics, but worth investigating based on the combat alone.

Blacken Slash doesn't look like my sort of thing, but I note that it has both a Prologue:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2003750/Blacken_Slash_Prologue/
and a demo here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1746560/Blacken_Slash/
Are they the same thing? No idea.

What's that smell? Do you smell it once again?

the-rock-smell.gif

Just more…:poo:

Hehe, I'm still doing Final Fantasy four, the pixel remaster version. It's the only one I've not played to date, just got to the moon!

Elex has a turn-based mode? Where do I find that mod? ;)
Lol, no. I was going to just say Urtuk but since I'm playing both I just put both in there.

Although maybe they should think about doing that for Elex 3 as their combat mechanics are quite lacking :)

No just no we don't need another action based RPG turned into another TB RPG. I swear between this trend and all 100's of soul clones in the pipeline the future is dim.:(

No just no we don't need another action based RPG turned into another TB RPG. I swear between this trend and all 100's of soul clones in the pipeline the future is dim.:(
Hahaha, in the voice of the Cybermen
"you will be assimilated"

How do you like Urtuk? I got it on sale and trying to decide what to play next.

I'm not a big fan actually. I feel like it has to many push/shove mechanics (which are good in moderation in my opinion) and I'm not a fan of the mutator game mechanic.

It seems very deep though and with tons of options on how to play. It just isn't as "fun" to me as Battle Brothers for example. I'll give it a few more hours, but I don't think it's for me.

Deep Search on Steam with tags for Turn-based and or Party. You'll be surprised about the handful of excellent indie games you find that are not mentioned here!

Back
Top Bottom