7:10 Ruined King: A League of Legends Story
7:45 Expeditions: Rome
8:19 Reverie Knights Tactics
9:08 Triangle Strategy
10:06 King Arthur: Knight's Tale
11:02 Symphony Of War: The Nephilim Saga
11:47 Outro
More information.

It's hard to get an impression of what a game is from trailers, and it's the major part of this video. I'm wondering how he chose the top N games, either he played them and should be able to show something more representative, or he hasn't and it limits the interest of the ranking.

Besides, a few of the games I know in that list were shown at zoom levels that are not possible in the game, so the little gameplay in this video gives the wrong impression.

That being said, there are a few good games in there.

I'm playing Triangle Strategy right now and really enjoying it. I'm still early in the game but wonder if it might rise to FFT levels. I'm also playing Ruined King too, which is a decent game but not spectacular imo. Combat is ok but starting to feel a bit repetitive. And P:WotR is great in turn-based mode imo (though you need to turn up the difficulty a bit to compensate).

Very much looking forward to Expeditions Rome and King Arthur. It's a pretty good time to be a turn-based RPG fan!

I'm playing Triangle Strategy right now and really enjoying it. I'm still early in the game but wonder if it might rise to FFT levels. I'm also playing Ruined King too, which is a decent game but not spectacular imo. Combat is ok but starting to feel a bit repetitive. And P:WotR is great in turn-based mode imo (though you need to turn up the difficulty a bit to compensate).

Very much looking forward to Expeditions Rome and King Arthur. It's a pretty good time to be a turn-based RPG fan!
Both are great games !

Top 30 of the past two years is not exactly narrowing down the list. What's the criteria? The games successfully launched?

Top 30 of the past two years is not exactly narrowing down the list. What's the criteria? The games successfully launched?
The Turn Based Lovers list 10 to 15 turn-based games every month. So they are narrowing it down from ca. 300 games down to 30.

I'm playing Triangle Strategy right now and really enjoying it. I'm still early in the game but wonder if it might rise to FFT levels.
Isn't that Switch-only? For some reason I thought this was a PC-only list.
They had big success in bringing Octopath Traveller (same producer), so I imagine it'll come to PC eventually.

Isn't that Switch-only? For some reason I thought this was a PC-only list.
They had big success in bringing Octopath Traveller (same producer), so I imagine it'll come to PC eventually.
Yeah, currently Switch-only. I also think it will come to PC eventually but just couldn't wait.

Ah, so a slightly less cr*ppy list.
I have played and can recommend 22 out of these 30:
  • Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  • Encased
  • Atom RPG Trudograd
  • Vagrus - The Riven Realms
  • Dungeon Encounters
  • Gloomhaven
  • Ruined King: A League of Legends Story
  • Expeditions: Rome
  • Reverie Knights Tactics
  • King Arthur: Knight's Tale
  • Symphony Of War: The Nephilim Saga
  • Horizon's Gate
  • Troubleshooter
  • Wasteland 3
  • The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  • Bravely Default II
  • The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante
  • Solasta: Crown of the Magister
  • Edge of Eternity
  • Wildermyth
  • Dark Deity

Yep finally a less crappy list as usual but top lists are easier to make then finding new games to report on. I played a chunk of those games myself except for a few indies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom