Ubisoft DLC Deactivation for some games - questions

Jaguar

Sentinel
Per this link, DLC for some Ubisoft games is being deactivated as of October 1st. https://www.ubisoft.com/help/article/000102396

I am curious if any of you know how to "activate" the DLC as described in the article. I'm specifically interested in Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Splinter Cell Blacklist. To get the DLC, do you just have to install the game and perhaps run it once, or do you have to unlock the DLC through gameplay? I installed Brotherhood and did not see any way to activate the "Da Vinci Disappearance," which is the relevant DLC for that one. Anyway, maybe none of you know, but this is about the only online forum I'm sort of active on so I figured I would mention this in case helpful to others and see if anyone knows.

In case helpful, it looks like you have to complete two specific missions in Brotherhood to unlock da Vinci, apparently I don't really have any DLC for Far Cry 3 according to Ubisoft Connect, and the DLC that would be relevant for Blacklist is a couple of suits that i'm not quite sure how to unlock and probably aren't worth worrying about. So I guess I will just go back to playing these when I get around to it, rather than rushing to play them. They've waited this long... :)

You have to download the DLC and enable them in a launcher, if such an option exists. Then you have to not uninstall that content because once you do, you won't be able to download them again.

Just download the cracked version which doesn't need any type of online activation.

Last edited:
That is a pretty shit move by Ubi considering just how few games they have on their store/client anyway.

I am playing M&MX at the moment and I am about half way through and I found out that there is a bunch of "DLC/uplay rewards" that are not available in the Steam version. That's just a bad design/marketing and I condone people using workarounds like Couch mentions when publishers do this.

They were supposed to deactivate more games and DLC then what was announced. There was an uproar a few months back that forced Ubisoft to scrap it's initial plans.

This is the major drawback to online activated and required connections for PC games.

Just search CS RIN RU they have tools to install and bypass the connection. Though in the future it seems more developers are patching that process out of games with DRM.

But the things is, if they design the online activation and required connections properly it should cost them very little and they should be able to share infrastructure across games.

Why should they have seperate server for different games? If they "Acquire" some new games they should do the work to make it work properly on their platform.

It just makes people (like me) distrust their platform. At least when Origin did similar it was just about removing some docs etc. Not great but better than this.

Back
Top Bottom