Ultima 6 Project - The False Prophet - Forum Tidbit: TB Possibility

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Came across this interesting post from Project Lead Frilly Wumpus in response to a question about making the game Turn Based:
This actually got me thinking.... Baldur's Gate had a neat feature that would allow you to pause the game on different "triggers" such as when a party member is attacked. I've just added something similar to the latest unstable build of britannia_logic. I'm calling them combat pauses and eventually they will be exposed via a settings screen, but are currently tweakable in k_inc_pb_config.skrit. They are disabled by default, but to turn them on, go into the debug console and type:
x combat_pauses true

What they do is:
- If a party member is attacked or attacks something, the game pauses. If there is no combat for 40 seconds real-time, it will reset and pause again on the next attack. (This is so the game doesn't pause after every sword swing..though if you want to turn that value down to 1 second for near-turn based, be my guest.
smiley.gif
)
- If a party member dies, the game pauses
- If a party member crosses over a total health threshold, the game pauses. ie: it's currently set to pause if a character dips below 10% total health...again.. configurable in k_inc_pb_config.skrit.
For more information on this remake of the classic Ultima game using the Dungeon Siege engine (as Lazarus did), head over to their forums .
More information.

That sounds like a very interesting possibility - I hope it works in reality!

It worked fairly well with the Infinity Engine.

Maybe somone should send this idea to Bethesda.:p

I like your thinking, go ahead and do it; I dare You!! :)

Back
Top Bottom