Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - Review

Thanks @forgottenlor; for reminding me about this game :)

Ohh I never heard of this one, good catch.

Looks a lot more appealing than Demon Gaze Extra imo, but I still have a hard time seeing how they justify the AAA price.

Decent game. The production values and all that are extremely high. It's niche. Still insane to charge AAA prices. I lost interest pretty fast and wish I'd waited for a sale. I lost interest in Bravely Default quickly too.

Recently released Potatoes in Full Bloom is overall better IMO, 1/3 the cost, has a demo.

I guess it depends what you like.

Looks pretty solid for a dungeon crawler, might give it a try sometime.

I only wish these games weren't so down to business, like jumping from town menus straight to dungeon crawls, but I suppose that's the point for its fans.

The price is obviously too high but I'd still consider it. My concern though is that part of what I liked about Strangers of Sword City was the difficulty, and reviews I read for this describe it as being much easier. I know that would be a plus for many, but for me it makes me less likely to want to make the $60 leap to an indie title. Maybe if I read more about it.

Looks a lot more appealing than Demon Gaze Extra imo, but I still have a hard time seeing how they justify the AAA price.
Exactly. Nice graphics, but I think Xulima is way better in combat and over-world walk and very possibly in its excellent story, as there are animated - some very cute - monsters, on both attack and hit.

No mouse support... maybe it isn't needed, but that sounds annoying. That and the price likely will keep me away from it.

As I mentioned on the other thread their games have a history of getting deep sales at some point. I have this one wishlisted, and have already passed up -25%. I'm waiting for the -40 to 50% mark, depending on how impatient I become.

No mouse support… maybe it isn't needed, but that sounds annoying. That and the price likely will keep me away from it.

I played their other games only with the keyboard, which works fine as everything is turn based, though I would have prefered mouse support simply because I am used it to it.

As I mentioned on the other thread their games have a history of getting deep sales at some point. I have this one wishlisted, and have already passed up -25%. I'm waiting for the -40 to 50% mark, depending on how impatient I become.

I should do that too, I'm much more likely to take a chance at $30 than $60.

Back
Top Bottom