Unplanned downtime

Taluntain

Keeper of the Watch
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, we were down for quite some time, sorry about that. The person who was supposed to notify me in such a case failed to text me, and as I haven't been checking my mail in the morning, me noticing it and acting on it took way longer than normal. I will be informing the Watch staff how to contact me immediately in case of such emergencies in the future.

The front page (not the forums) still seems to have some issue - just coming up as a blank page for me?

This time of year, probably Codexians chewing on the cables.

Ahhh yes, was this last evening? I tried for like ten minutes to log onto the forums, it just wasn't happening. I'm glad to see everything working today!

This time of year, probably Codexians chewing on the cables.
We only chew on the finest of cables. The ones connecting your website from OUR server are old and smelly.

The forum now spans the whole width of the browser window.
Is that a personal setting (which I don't find) or is it a forum-wide issue?

Edit: Oh, I just noticed that I used another browser. So it's narrow (as it should be) in Chrome, but 100% width in Firefox. So perhaps it has been like this before and has nothing to do with the recent downtime.

To change styles, scroll to the bottom left of any forum page and click the link next to the paintbrush icon to select between the available Light and Dark styles. Fluid styles span infinitely, fixed width are limited to a certain px width.

And yes, this has nothing to do with the downtime.

Last edited:
To change styles, scroll to the bottom left of any forum page and click the link next to the paintbrush icon to select between the available Light and Dark styles. Fluid styles span infinitely, fixed width are limited to a certain px width.
I see, thanks!

We only chew on the finest of cables. The ones connecting your website from OUR server are old and smelly.
That's because they only run ONE way, from the Codex to US!!!! :p :)

It was down for a day and a half were I live. Had me worried but if affected three different sites so I figured the server was down. So thanks for fixing it as fast as you could. (y)

@Taluntain, was the the RPGWatch Twitter account also transfered to you? That would be a reliable channel to give information to the community when there's another downtime.

Back
Top Bottom