Unplanned downtime

It was down for a day and a half were I live. Had me worried but if affected three different sites so I figured the server was down. So thanks for fixing it as fast as you could. (y)
Nah, the actual downtime was about 13 hours for the forums and a few hours more for the site pages. Unfortunately the sites went down just as I went to sleep and I didn't check my mail all morning either. Also it wasn't your typical server outage because all the server services were actually running and all the static files were still accessible, only everything PHP was throwing errors due to an error in an automatic update that happened overnight.

Actually, he did transfer it to me, I just forgot about it. Where's the facepalm smiley when you need one?

I just updated the url and description there and made a short post. I guess it would be a good idea to also have someone more active on social media using to make more frequent updates...

Nah, the actual downtime was about 13 hours for the forums and a few hours more for the site pages. Unfortunately the sites went down just as I went to sleep and I didn't check my mail all morning either. Also it wasn't your typical server outage because all the server services were actually running and all the static files were still accessible, only everything PHP was throwing errors due to an error in an automatic update that happened overnight.
Your correct just felt like that with my usual weird sleeping schedule. As I didn't visit or log on for a day and a half. Anyway once again thanks for all your hard work. 🥂 (y)

Are people still using Twitter? It was terrible before Musk, and now I'm rarely checking it, it's mostly spam with 95% of the posts being unrelated to the followed sources.

I was hoping Mastodon would grow up faster but it doesn't seem to be the case. I also find it quite confusing.

Never used twatter, and never would. Heck I only used facejunk for a year or so, once the people who convinced me to join had left I wasted no time in doing the same. Such invasive platforms do far more harm than good.

Back
Top Bottom