Upcoming Adventure Games List!

PC Invasion reports that Syberia: The World Before releases on March 18th on Steam and GOG, after what seems to be a long wait.

There is still a free prologue on both distribution platforms but it's quite old (Oct 2020??).

Syberia: The World Before at last gets a March release date

Step aside, February, it looks like March is aiming to be another big gaming month. Other than The Settlers, Shadow Warrior 3, and the Ghostrunner DLC, now we have Syberia gearing up to release in less than two months. Publisher Microids announced today that Syberia: The World Before, which got delayed late last year, has found a release date for March 18.

Originally scheduled for December, but the developer desired some more time for spit and polish. In a message, Microids wrote that it wanted to “make sure [the game] does fans right.” It was a noteworthy statement, as Syberia games had fallen off in quality since the second game. We last explored the world as Kate Walker in 2017’s Syberia 3, and fans weren’t enthused. The developer has a lot to prove with Syberia: The World Before, so I doubt anyone was against it taking the extra time. So far, Microids and developer Koalabs are keen on putting Syberia back on track.
[. . .]

Settlers ??? Where ???

Edit : Yes, a new game. What a shame that I didn't know anything about it !

Between Elden Ring, the Steam Deck and Ukraine, I'm afraid there's not a lot of news today. I'll just post that here if anyone is interested in strange horror games, since the reviews seem pretty good. It's just too disturbing for the main page IMO ;)

Martha is Dead

Wccf Tech - 9.1
Martha is Dead meets every expectation and exceeds most of them. It is a true ghost story, perfectly designed to demand you keep playing while making you want to stop. Its near-flawless design sets a new benchmark in the quietly, weirdly, horrible.
Pros
  • Brave, dark story
  • Incredible audio design
  • Fantastic world design
  • Engrossing photography
  • Superb acting
  • Truly unnerving horror
Cons
  • Sometimes instructions are confusing
  • The ghost lady could be more scary

COG - 82
Martha Is Dead offers a narrative that’s provocative, intense, dark, and emotional. And yes, it’s not for the faint of heart. It’s plenty gory. Given that it takes place during WWII the story doesn’t seem out of place either. It pulls you in right away, keeps its intensity and pace, and holds your attention until the very end. The sound and graphical design really fit with the overall vibe and atmosphere of the game. Sure, it’s not perfect, but most of the issues aren’t game breaking. Martha Is Dead is riveting and if you’re a fan of psychological thrillers you won’t want to miss it.
The Good
  • Incredibly detailed
  • Solid narrative from beginning to end
  • Sound design is fantastic
The Bad
  • Bugs & glitches
  • Hints not disappearing
  • Puzzles a little too easy

News about Syberia: The World Before (Steam page), the point-and-click adventure that I mentioned a few posts above.

The Latest Syberia News

We're excited to share with you the brand new launch trailer for Syberia The World Before
It's been added to the game's page

We also want to give all players the opportunity to discover or rediscover the Syberia license so we've prepared another video, going back to the previous Syberia games:

And a recent preview to see a little bit of gameplay:

Return to Monkey Island | Coming 2022

Not too keen on the graphic style, but on the other hand I haven't been since Curse of Monkey Island. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!

Return to Monkey Island | Coming 2022

Not too keen on the graphic style, but on the other hand I haven't been since Curse of Monkey Island. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!

any chance have you played Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge

I loved the old original monkey island 1/2

Just a reminder : If you want a really relaxing game, the try out "Coffee Talk.
It's not really an adventure game, because it has no riddles - apart from brwing coffee and the likes, and developing new recipes - but it is a funny little game, steam calls it some kind of "visual novel", and, well, you can call it that, too.

The only real input needed is that brweing (and looking for recipes), and the dialogs. Which can, as far as I understand it, be even set to become automated.

Just don't expect anything great looking.

I did this last evening, it was, for me, the perfect way to end that day.

Kickstarter for Beyond Shadowgate, an official sequel to Shadowgate.

Back
Top Bottom