Upcoming Adventure Games List!

25mins from the upcoming game I've mentioned previously, Blacksad:

Note that it's rated M. If that prevents you from buying it, at least grab eisner award winning graphic novels this game is based on. On paper of course. While I got lucky and these were published separately in my own language, Dark Horse released english vesion where first three stories are integrated as one book then added remaining two stories as separate books, but will release all five as one book in the next year:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/25/dark-horse-to-collect-blacksad-the-complete-stories-in-2020/

I wonder if this is the reason No Truce with the Furries got renamed. :)

25mins of upcoming game I've mentioned above, Blacksad:

Ouch. This one looks REALLY bad, the 3D animals pretty much ruin everything - which is a shame, because the original comic is wonderful.

Another wasted effort to 3D-ize 2D art. (black)SAD.

Not an RPG, but this looks interesting - the Invincible, based on a story by Stanislaw Lem:

The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Whilst trying to survive, terrifying secrets of the planet will unfold in front of you.
- Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
- Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
- Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem’s seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name

https://store.steampowered.com/app/731040/The_Invincible/

Not an RPG, but this looks interesting - the Invincible, based on a story by Stanislaw Lem:

The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Whilst trying to survive, terrifying secrets of the planet will unfold in front of you.
- Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
- Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
- Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem’s seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name

https://store.steampowered.com/app/731040/The_Invincible/

Very alluring. Will keep my eye on this one.

From the trailer the voice acting sounds pretty bad to me... not sure if the game can survive that. The accent of the woman is...maybe a bit too stereotypical.
The boy however sounds super unmotivated.

Yeah, I don't know much about it to be honest. I had it wishlisted because it's post-apoc, but I didn't realize at first that it's a pure adventure game. I figured it might be of interest to those who are bigger fans of the genre than I am.

I heard it's quite short, around 5 hours?, but the price reflects that.

I've also spotted this adventure / slice-of-life game, seems slow and relaxing. It's actually been just released. Maybe a few issues that need fixing with the controls, which is usual right after release.

There's a demo, I haven't tried, not sure it's for me and I'm busy with other things :)

Lake is Out Now, Launch Trailer Released
Slice-of-life adventure game Lake is now available. Developed by Gamious and published by Whitethorn Digital, it tells the story of Meredith Weiss as she travels to Providence Oaks in Oregon and works in mail delivery. But it’s only for two weeks – she’ll have to decide eventually whether to return to the city or stay in her hometown.

I need to upgrade my system first though.

You and everyone else.

Heh, I still remember when people used to say "With this hardware I (you) can finally properly play Crysis" (years after the game was released). Let that begin again :p

Heh, I still remember when people used to say "With this hardware I (you) can finally properly play Crysis" (years after the game was released). Let that begin again :p

Indeed. From what I've read, the Crysis 1 remaster isn't worth attempting to play with anything less than a RTX 3080.

Indeed. From what I've read, the Crysis 1 remaster isn't worth attempting to play with anything less than a RTX 3080.

RTX 3080????? Oh man, I'm out!! I have a GTX 1070, which is two GPU generations older now, and I can't even purchase a GTX 2060 (due to a mix of shortage + abusive prices here), let alone a RTX 3000 series, any of them. Maybe in one decade, who knows...

RTX 3080????? Oh man, I'm out!! I have a GTX 1070, which is two GPU generations older now, and I can't even purchase a GTX 2060 (due to a mix of shortage + abusive prices here), let alone a RTX 3000 series, any of them. Maybe in one decade, who knows…

That's if you want to play with ray tracing of course. You can run it with much less if you turn off some bells and whistles, but that defeats the point of getting the remastered version in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom