Upcoming Adventure Games List!

Not a scoop, Guardians of the Galaxy is really more an adventure game than an RPG. But here are some details:

Just how deep are the RPG elements in the Guardians of the Galaxy game? Here’s what the developers say

image.png

Well who's surprised? Raise your hand if you are…no one did.

How I wish Eidos Montreal would make another Deus Ex.:(

Yeah, the Myst games are a real hoot. I'll have to pick those up at some point, thanks for the reminder!

A little comparison. This game had a lot of remasters/remakes!

In this video I compare the latest version of Myst with the original game from 1993 and the other remasters/remakes. The current Myst version was exclusively available for Oculus VR systems in December 2020, now it has been released for other VR systems and can also be played without VR. Myst 2020/2021 uses the Unreal engine, while the last remake from 2014 ("realMyst Masterpiece Edition") uses the Unity engine, so again an interesting comparison. I look particularly at the graphics, sound and movement styles in the following five games: Myst (1993), Myst Masterpiece Edition (1999), realMyst (2000), realMyst Masterpiece Edition (2014) and Myst (2020/2021). Which version do you like best?

Nod, I played them at launch and haven't been back since, looks like most of the updated versions happened when I was deep in my mmo-hell. I'll likely just pick up the newest ones at some point, assuming they don't require windows thirty or some silly high end computer specs.

It certainly was popular at launch, I've no idea what it might garner these days. I missed all the remakes yet I vividly recall getting my greedy mitts on copies at my local Babbages back in the day.

I've a friend that lives in Calgary that really loved this game, yet she said I'd likely not care for it, as it's more of a movie than something you actively perform combat/exploration in.

Has any of you played Life is Strange? What sort of audience does it target?
Nope sorry only game I will play from Dontnod Entertainment was Vampyr.

You should give that game a try.

I always thought it was curious how many times that game has been remade. I mean, it's not like they're changing the puzzles.

There was once a parody game called "Pyst". I don't remember much about it anymore, though.

Has any of you played Life is Strange? What sort of audience does it target?
I played it. Loved it. Audience.. uh… well, no idea. In retrospect it reminded me a lot of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, so if you liked one you'll probably like the other. Life is Strange has lots of "Slice of Life" in it. You play as a highschool girl and hang around with your friend Chloe a lot, with cool, unique gameplay mechanics and a compelling mystery story. Even though the way the game and story works is a bit out there, what I liked most about the game is the down-to-earth attitude and friendship of the two protagonists. Basically the whole experience felt very, pardon the pun, lifelike. Good vibes.

I never got into Doctor who, although I read that it is hugely popular in GB ... Would this adventure game help me understand the series ?

If the exploration factor is paramount in the game, that Doctor Who offering could be great. Make it similar to a detective tale and you'll likely hook a bunch of old-school Whovians into your realm.

I never got into Doctor who, although I read that it is hugely popular in GB … Would this adventure game help me understand the series ?

Popular here too. Been a fan since the 80s. As far as understanding the series from one adventure game, I'm not sure the game is likely to do the trick. They generally change Doctors every three years, and each actor has hisi/her different take with their own eccentricities.

As a whole they are generally anti-authoritarian, and pro earth people. So typically, the adventures involve the Doctor saving the earth with his human(S) companions. The show graphics have kinda suck bad throughout the years, but the stories have some of the best sci fi telling of any medium. How does a man deal with life when he sold out his whole planet to an alien race, that allowed him to rule no one? How does a society understand the stars when someone moves the planet every so often? How do you unlock a door when the hundreds of bodies who have previously attempted it have been dead as far back as many a millenia? How do you get out of a time loop when the only exit is a diamond door?

The Doctor Who games thus far have not engaged me. But the new one is available on my new Oculus Quest 2, so I will be shortly giving it a go.

Back
Top Bottom