Vestaria Saga II - Review @ Noisy Pixel

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Noisy Pixel has reviewed the Strategy RPG Vestaria Saga II: The Sacred Sword of Silvanister:

Vestaria Saga II: The Sacred Sword of Silvanister Review - This One's For the Enthusiasts

It's been a while since a classic Fire Emblem game was released. 2015 in fact, with Fire Emblem Fates (And before you ask, Echoes doesn't count due to the unorthodox nature of Gaiden). In 2018, SPRG Studio was released, a game maker in which one can craft their own low-budget strategy RPGs in the same vein as classic Fire Emblem.

The original creator of Fire Emblem, in fact, Shozou Kaga, decided that he would also have some fun with this game maker, and led a small team to make Vesteria Saga I, which was released in 2019. When you name something with I in the title, you know they're going for that sequel later. And that's what this review is about: Vesteria Saga II: The Sacred Sword of Silvanister.

[...]

Vesteria Saga II: The Sacred Sword of Silvanister is a fantastic SRPG that scratches an itch for fair challenge and minimalism that we haven't had in a while. It's definitely for more hardcore fans of the genre and is missing a few things, such as concise or clear tutorials or difficulty options that would let those interested in this medium jump in.

Score: 7/10
More information.

This game is my current favourite RPG. If you like challenging strategy RPGs then play this one. I recommend to play the first part as well to understand the story better.

Aye, this one is on my buy-list at some point, likely the next time I get bored with Everquest two. I quite enjoyed the first game, might even replay it sometime in the near future.

Games in this genre have never had difficulty levels. JRPGs in general rarely do. The first level of these games is the "tutorial".

Back
Top Bottom