Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars - Review @ Dr. Strife

Because it's too expensive? At least here in Brasil. Another game (and usually Indie games, from what I could see) lacking regional pricing.
And with a thousand DLCs, what is already expensive becomes unacceptable, unthinkable.

Here's an interview of some members of the design team by Destructoid. Seeing the reception of this game, I'll simply copy that here, I'm not sure anyone is interested.

Cards and RPGs: a Q&A with the creative leads behind Voice of Cards
We got to send questions over to the creative leads behind Square Enix’s card-based RPG

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars launched last month as one of two fairly interesting and innovative role-playing games from Square Enix. Developed by Alim, the creative leads behind it are familiar to those who enjoy modern RPGs.

Nier and Drakengard lead Yoko Taro was joined by producer Yosuke Saito, character designer Kimihiko Fujisaka, and composer Keiichi Okabe to lay out the creative foundation for Voice of Cards. The result was a unique RPG that utilized cards in almost-tangible ways for everything, from menus and characters to the overworld map.

In the process of playing the game for our review, I had the chance to send over some interview questions for the team about the creation of Voice of Cards and the inspirations behind it. Check out the full Q&A below.
[…]

Back
Top Bottom