VtM-Bloodlines - Released on Steam

Instead of Steam, why not... ?

Why not just release the SDK for this game already? What's holding back the SDK? Clearly, this game has a fanbase that has gone well out of its way to support the game with virtually no official support.

Odds are, though, that the SDK won't ever be released which is too bad - This had a Thief-like devotion from its fanbase which is quite uncommon nowadays.

The company who made this game has gone out of business, so who should release the SDK? I don't think you should expect to ever get one ;)

Maybe, but if the extra cash gets directly to the developers I wouldn't mind. If it goes to the publisher, I'd not be amused.

it doesn't matter who get the cash. if a publisher get more money from a single player rpg sold in steam he'll be more inclined to invest his money in this genre. meaning more rpgs for everyone/

look, i have biliion and one cd/dvd games. so does everyone else here. but if a new game will released in both steam and dvd i'll get the steam version without a single blink. this is, by far, the easiest and safest way to get your games. 3 clicks and the game is in your computer and ready to play.

Any benefit that Steam has is more than offset by the fact that they are complete dicks about transferring or selling your games to somebody else. Right now I'm stuck with Episode 1 of Half-Life 2, which lasted about three and a half hours, and I can't sell it. This is a big problem for PC games, since there also is no rental market for them. Give me a physical media over virtual any day so I can sell my game when I'm finished with it.

Either that, or let me "rent" the game on-line for a fraction of the price, like you can do with console games. That'll be something worth getting excited about.

Also, for all of the hype that Steam got for being the "distribution method of the future", it supposedly isn't moving that many games.

Last edited:
Right now I'm stuck with Episode 1 of Half-Life 2, which lasted about three and a half hours, and I can't sell it. This is a big problem for PC games, since there also is no rental market for them. Give me a physical media over virtual any day so I can sell my game when I'm finished with it.

Hmmm ... decent point that I hadn't thought about. I've pretty heavily pimped the Goozex service here for trading games and I make broad use of it - recently I nabbed Betrayal at Krondor, Fallout 1 & 2 (only had Mac versions before that) and Outcast, all PC games ... where would I be in the virtual world?

However, the virtual game world is expanding with the Wii VS, XBLA and whatever crap the PS3 has.

is that bootsy collins or scott weiland?

I don't see it as a physical product I am buying - I see it as a gaming experience. In that sense, I have no desire to sell my games. I'm not "stuck" with HL2 EP2; I payed $XX and received the equivalent of that in entertainment - it doesn't owe me anything.

i almost put that on my top 10 along with 'the last boyscout'...those crazy wayans.

i almost put that on my top 10 along with 'the last boyscout'...those crazy wayans.

Yep - that almost mode my list as well ... still love it when I can catch In Living Color on BET :)

Back
Top Bottom