Wantless - New Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Wantless got a new trailer:

Wantless - Official Reveal Trailer

Wantless is a turn-based tactical RPG where you face the woes inside your patients' tortured minds. Set in a dystopian future of another kind, where most of the population is asleep, Wantless takes you through procedurally generated runs called mind-mazes. Brace for a fast-paced combat experience, supported by a deep skill-crafting system. Use your action points wisely, as each of your foes will receive the same number of points as you've just spent. Wantless is releasing in Fall 2023 for Early Access on PC and will be part of the Steam Next Fest with a free demo to play.

More information.

Looks unique and intriguing!
No longer gameplay video on Youtube.. but DEMO is available, so I'm downloading. A little product evaluation on Saturday night.

Tried out the demo. Best part is the creature artwork: unique and detailed. Otherwise this game is a "fast-tactical template" for casual gamers. Good for those, who just want to pass the time during night-shifts at the workplace. :)

Last edited:
I also played for some hours now. I would pretty much say the opposite regarding "casual".
Well, it kind of depends on what you consider casual I guess.
You are basically playing some kind of "doctor" going into the mind-world of the patients, erasing some of their memories.
One of these sessions lasts about 3 minutes and consists about 3-4 battles. So regarding the timeframe of each segment you can consider it "casual".
The depth and tactical options are anything but casual though.
The special thing about that game is that enemies only get Actions points (mostly) for the action points you use. That means the more inefficient you are, the more damage your enemies will do to you. In addition you have some interesting boss fights.
Furthermore you can edit each spell and craft in order to minmax your AP usage and possibly some kind of "rotation. All stuff is on cooldown and you want to have some items available at certain times.
So I'd say on that side its rather deep.
This game is also ironman only. However, its more of a Darkest Dungeon Ironman. Which means that you can't really lose, you can only have setbacks, and in this case they are somewhat minor. So...that can be seen as casual or not.

"Forspoken" and now "Wantless"...guess we ran out of good names for games.

It kind of fits to the game though. People want less, less stuff in their brain. And have less to want as the world went to shit. ^^
But I agree, I kinda forget the name of the game, every few hours and have to look it up again.

Back
Top Bottom