Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Owlcat announced their new game - Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader:

Announcement Teaser Trailer | Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

World Premiere of the first cRPG based in the renowned universe announced at the Warhammer Skulls Showcase!

Founder's packs are available from today.

We are thrilled to announce Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - the first classic roleplaying game with turn-based combat set in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium. The World Premiere, including the first glimpse of gameplay, was announced at the Warhammer Skulls Showcase. Those of you who are eager to get your hands on the early version of the game and help us with the development can obtain our Founder's Packs; they are already available on the game's website.

This time you will take on the role of a Rogue Trader, a scion of an ancient dynasty of daring privateers that reign over their own merchant empire and explore the fringes of Imperial space with the blessing of the Emperor Himself. Thanks to their Warrant of Trade - the Rogue Trader is endowed with privileges and power beyond imagination as well as the task of expanding the borders of the Imperium. At their disposal is a gargantuan voidship of immense strength and innumerable personnel ready to follow any undertakings of the leader. Show your subjects mercy or disdain, stay faithful to the Emperor, or consort with enemies of Mankind - every decision and every act of the Rogue Trader sends ripples throughout entire star systems, changing the in-game world and those who inhabit it.

The action will unfold in the Koronus Expanse, a dangerous and unexplored region on the far frontiers of the Imperium of Man. Many explorers have fallen victim to this dangerous place and never returned.

Remarkable and sophisticated companions are one of the pillars of cRPGs, and Rogue Trader is not an exception. A mighty Space Marine, a mercurial Aeldari Ranger, or even a courageous Sister of Battle armed with bolter and ardent prayers are just a few of the many characters that will join the Rogue Trader during your adventures.

Starting today, you can support the game by purchasing one of the Founder's Packs. Become a part of the team behind Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader! Those who decide to support the developers early will gain access to the Alpha and Beta versions of the game, help the team to shape the experience with their feedback, and receive a set of unique rewards and items available only to early supporters.
More information.

Sounds great to me. A true RPG in Warhammer 40k from a great studio. Really looking forward to it.

Yes I have read that, but if you look at 0:45 in the trailer the combat looks real time. Don't mind either, just an observation.

I'm thinking that might be a cutscene rather than actual gameplay.

I like the look of the in-game visuals. Those cartoon cinematics are awful though. I hope that's something they just did for the trailer.

Yeah, I really hope those animations aren't in-game. I've got a copy of the original Rogue Trader book, and tone of that cartoon is about as far removed from the appropriate style as they could get.

meh. So that's the big next project?

Turn-based, and I suppose that by "CRPG" they mean isometric-ish view? So I wonder what was the job offer about an action RPG (I can't find it though), maybe a decoy.

Yes I have read that, but if you look at 0:45 in the trailer the combat looks real time. Don't mind either, just an observation.
As per @JDR13;, I'm thinking that might be a pre-combat scene (similar to when that boss turns up later on).

Looks pretty good, though I don't think the cartoon movie parts fit WH40K at all.
Edit: snap!

meh. So that's the big next project?

Turn-based, and I suppose that by "CRPG" they mean isometric-ish view? So I wonder what was the job offer about an action RPG (I can't find it though), maybe a decoy.
Could have just been a troll, as I speculated yesterday in the other thread. But another possibility is maybe their definition of "action" in a game doesn't necessarily mean action combat? Also, maybe it's simply a Russian translation screwup.

After having played Warhammer Chaos Gate just now - those cartoon cinematics look very odd :D

I'm looking forward to this one.

As per usual, I am assuming they will make this a 200 hour romp, wheras I hope they go for a 60-70 hour replayable campaign instead...

Well now seems @purpleblob1 was correct. I started to think it would be a Warhammer 40k game after the last blurry teaser image of rail guns. Bummer it's only TB though.

Maybe I should bombard their forums and discord channels begging for RTwP. It worked on getting TB added to the Pathfinder games. So what do you guys think?:lol:

Moving on this might be the first proper RPG of the setting in years. I'm not counting the 100's of mediocre games. Looks like we might have Empire management this time.

Scrap Starfinder, I am in! I only hope it will be grimdark enough. Not the biggest fan of the feudal pomp in Rogue Trader.

There's actually a lot of Warhammer news today. Not just this game.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Next-gen Trailer

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Accolades Trailer

Warhammer Skulls 2022 Digital Goodie Pack on GOG

Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun - Reveal Trailer

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector - 2022 Video Roadmap

Try Warhammer 40,000: Gladius for Free - Steam
Gladius will be free to play on Steam throughout Warhammer Skulls, giving new players the chance to check it out. The game will also boast its biggest discount ever with 90% off.

Slitherine is also releasing a new DLC, called Escalation Pack, where each of the playable factions in Gladius will receive one new unit. This unit's pack includes fan favourites such as Megatrakk Scrapjets for Orks, Skitarii Rangers for the Adeptus Mechanicus, Hive Guards for Tyranids, and more.

Bummer it's only TB though.

Maybe I should bombard their forums and discord channels begging for RTwP. It worked on getting TB added to the Pathfinder games. So what do you guys think?:lol:

We can try but I don't think we have enough numbers unlike TB fans :/

Obviously, I'm not really excited with this one - certainly not a must buy or day 1.

Hubby keeps urging me to give it a go tho - he loves WH40k setting and its (he thinks) first cRPG in this universe. I will keep an eye on it for now. Think hubby will grab it for sure, so lI might watch him play 1st before I make decision.

I'm excited. Not sure if I will sign up for a collectors edition though because they handled the last one so poorly.

I'm excited. Not sure if I will sign up for a collectors edition though because they handled the last one so poorly.
Still haven't received my WotR collectors edition...

Still haven't received my WotR collectors edition…

You can ask for update on their discord.. but I think they are having difficulties because of.. current politic/war situation.

You can ask for update on their discord.. but I think they are having difficulties because of.. current politic/war situation.
Yep, the last update we got is that UPS wouldn't ship packages from Russia anymore. That was about 3 months ago. You would think they would have figured out alternate ways to ship it by now. But I'm not too worried about it, at this point I'm confident I'll get it by the time I'm ready to play the game (when the final DLC is out :lol:)

Still haven't received my WotR collectors edition…

Well you are the one of the lucky ones i think, you would of at least got a free season pass?

I got my collectors edition but it was damaged so they have to send another one - there is about 100 people with this issue so it is very widespread. People in this bucket never got the season pass. So they have spent over 200 dollars, got nothing and still have to pay another 20 dollars for a season pass full of bad to average content!

I don't mind the delays because of unforseen circumstances (covid/war). The problem is it was already 9 months late before that happened and the statues were of a very poor quality and even worse they were packaged by complete amatuers - there was no way on earth they were ever going to survive going through a postal service.

Back
Top Bottom