Rogue Trader Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader News

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
I had access to an early build a few weeks ago, and I thought the lore is pretty well portrayed. I imagine that to those who are not into WH40k a lot of it will sound llike gibberish and hard to get into, but I believe it's worth making an effort trying to understand the setting to enjoy the game fully.

The turn based combat itself was a bit rough around the edges, but there is still time to polish that.

Damn, sign me in. I'm an avid devourer of WH40k lore and I can't wait to see what Owlcat studio can do with it. If they pull something even close to their Pathfinder games, it will be amazing. Whether the combat is better or worse, I can almost guarantee this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Watch the latest trailer for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader to learn more about the characters and story, a voidship, see gameplay, and more from this upcoming RPG. A beta for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader begins on June 1, 2023.

Last edited:

Talking about the substantial update to Voidship combat that we saw in the jump from Alpha to Beta for Rogue Trader!

Talking about the origins and doctrines that combine to create your class and how they progress as you level up.

If reading copious amounts of text to enjoy a videogame isn't your thing, don't expect much from this game. Rogue Trader relies heavily on its story material to keep you interested. Simply put, it prefers to tell more than show. Furthermore, I had to wrestle with an annoying camera that would move out/too far from the frame I needed to see. But despite the lack of voice acting and harmless bugs, the beta still gave me a ton of exploration which I didn't expect from a game so early in its development process.

All in all, Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader is shaping up to be an entertaining adaptation for the hugely popular war game, and we can't wait to see how the game turns out on release.

That is music to my ears. Hopefully they'll iron out the bugs and interface clunkiness before release.

Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader Preview: A Refreshing Adventure - KeenGamer
Mixing elements of classic franchises like Diablo, and Fallout, Owlcat Games has created a wonderful classic RPG set in the Warhammer 40k universe. From space Marines and inquisitors to the Adeptus Mechanicus and Sisters of Battle, there are tons of mainstays to find. Each of these characters is meant to hold their own specific strengths and weaknesses like any traditional tactical shooter. The interactive leveling system grants Rogue Trader a feeling of true customization for each of these characters. Truly the endless possibilities make this game a competent addition to the Warhammer franchise, being relatable to Mechanicus. It’s clear that the developers have tried to mix their own fresh content with lore books to produce the story! Offering a new chaotic entity centered around the basis of destiny, making an interesting addition to the lore.

For a beta, there are surprisingly few nits to pick. Movement and positioning doesn’t always feel precise or perfectly smooth, there are some minor bugs, and some of the textures and visual details could use a bit of final polishing. Audio design is generally good, with punchy weapon sounds and effects. The music is excellent. My biggest gripe is that the narrative is very dense and it’s easy to miss an important story beat. Dialogue can be over-written and excessively full of jargon or references that aren’t necessarily clear.

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader does the desktop game proud, and looks to be another outstanding CRPG from a developer with a stellar track record. For fans of Warhammer or engrossing tactical RPGs, Rogue Trader is worth a close look.
Daemon Engines are gigantic battle machines that prowl on mighty piston-driven limbs. To compare a Daemon Engine to an ordinary vehicle is folly, for each of these beasts has its own malevolent sentience rather than a crew. Bound within the battle-scarred metal of each Daemon Engine is the essence of a raging warp entity, imprisoned in a physically indomitable body and weaponised in order to better serve the forces of Chaos.

Last edited:
Actually I am not buying many new games (I have more than 300 unplayed already, and each there are constant giveaways, so my collection is getting bigger), but this is something I definitely plan to buy.

Back
Top Bottom