Rogue Trader Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader News

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
With the release of the Alpha here is a news thread to keep track of news.

Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader Alpha Gameplay Impression

In this video, I want to talk about my Alpha Impressions of Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader. I’ve been playing the game for the last few days and I want to talk about the experience I had with the game. The combat, story, performance and what I liked and didn't like. so if you are interested in hearing more about the game, watch on to find out!
The Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader Alpha is available starting December 7th to those who purchase the Developer's Digital Pack or the Collector's Edition.

Written impressions for the Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader Alpha version.

Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader Alpha Videos #1

Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader Alpha Videos #2

Why do we need another copy of the exact same posts in another thread? All you're doing is spamming posts at this point.

Why do you always complain? Is it some type of complex as it's only you. This is the main thread now. Future links will be shared here. Also I'm not a mod who can move posts.

Only the first two posts are shared on another thread. Rest were deleted. Enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a dick. I'm just curious what the point is. We don't need the same things posted 2-3 times. You create threads for games like this, BG3, etc, and then just post the exact same things you post in your news thread.

Well you obviously don't understand how news works on this site.

90% of guests and most members don't even read the forum just the front page news-bits. So posting news multiple times brings attention, and brings clicks to the site.

You want to discuss this further make another thread.

If not I'll get Pladio to start deleting posts.^^

Last edited:
More Videos from today. ^^

@purpleblob Shared her own impression of the game as well.
Ok, soooo I had to keep it a secret but I already had my key for few days and played a little (I think about 10 hours?)

I can't give you much impression yet because I'm still at early stages of the alpha.

Devs said the alpha should be about 50 hours and sure enough, one person is about to finish alpha at 49 hour mark.

There's very basic character creation in alpha and it starts at chapter 2. I'm spending so much time trying to understand class building because we start at level 15 and already given abilities that I'm not familiar with. A massive negative for me is, UI is very messy and hard to find info I need. I really dislike it.

There are a lot of combat and it is more time consuming than Pathfinder games as it is TB. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying it somewhat. The abilities each chracter has varies and you have to utilise it well to win. However, I hate the fact you can't move after attacking even tho I haven't spent any movement points. Also, I wish they give us a surprise round to reorganisd position like in Expeditions games. Also, too many enemies - I haven't really encountered any "boss fights" and its been just waves of trashes.

I'm finding inventory management weird as well. Unless I missed something, you can only sell things that's been transferred to cargo, not directly from your inventory.

Companions are well written but given the setting, I'm not bonding with them as well as Pathfinder companions. I got 8 companions so far.

Space scanning and travel is rather interesting. While I can't say same for space combat. Its just additional TB combat and less interesting than crusade combat - but keep in mind, this hasn't been fully fleshed out yet.

That's all for now!

Me as well this might be the first good Warhammer 40K RPG in years. The TB combat put a damper on my enthusiasm but I can overlook it, and enjoy it like I did with Original Sin.

I would love an RPG based on the fantasy IP but we have Total War Warhammer.

Last edited:
Me as well this might be the first good Warhammer 40K RPG in years. The TB combat put a damper on my enthusiasm but I can overlook it, and enjoy it like I did with Original Sin.

I would love an RPG based on the fantasy IP but we have Total War Warhammer.
I've been wanting a W40K game from CA ever since TW: Warhammer got going, and I wouldn't mind a fantasy Warhammer game from Owlcat somewhere down the road either.

I think all companions revealed so far are in alpha.

I'm sad tho there seem to be only 1 romance option available for straight female rogue trader.

Abelard is likely not a romance option because he is too old. Pasqal is confirmed as not romance option. Henirix seem to be the only one (not confirmed as romance option yet). There is a suspected male companion with red hair but he isn't going to be a romance option either because he is a space wolf(?)

So I know next to nothing about Warhammer.
Is it known which classes (or career path as they're apparently called) are available for the protagonist?

Last edited:
So I know next to nothing about Warhammer.
Is it known which classes (or career path as they're apparently called) are available for the protagonist?
Here you go - don't ask me what each class is like... I have no idea :p

Attachments

• 20221204140640_1.jpg
    20221204140640_1.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom