Rogue Trader Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader News

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
If they do tutorial popups like they did in WOTR then I think we'll be in a good place.
I think popups are a good way to remind the player or give special info about a single item, but the bigger picture should be explained as a whole in an extra place like a manual or a wiki, which of course can also be ingame.
It's obvious that you're making that assumption, but it doesn't change the point at all. If any game requires you to be familiar with a set of rules outside of the game to play it, it has failed as a game. I don't think Owlcat will fail in that way, any more than they did with the Pathfinder games. There will be copious tooltips and explanations and tutorials to tell us what we need to know to play their game, in their game.
I'm not as optimistic as you. :D

More videos found today. ^^

The Drukhari that feed on the suffering of others are the darkest branch of Aeldari, an ancient and technologically advanced race. Their ancestors ruled the stars long before Mankind first ventured outward from Terra, and over long millennia the ennui of their vast lifespans led them to ever greater acts of depravity and violence. Now, from the vast nightmare city of Commorragh nestled in the black heart of the Webway, the Drukhari launch their raids on the worlds of realspace, slaughtering to sustain their withered souls and gathering up terrified victims to take back to their morbid torture chambers.

WH40k: Rogue Trader - (Alpha) Character Creation Vs. Source Material

Talking about the early implementation of character options in Rogue Trader and how they compare to what's available in the source material for the TTRPG that the games systems are adapted from.

WH40k: Rogue Trader - (Alpha) What I'd Like To See Improved

Talking about a few of the improvements I'd like to see for things that weren't already said to be still actively a work in progress.

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Recap of the Fourth Quarter of 2022

Collection of highlights from the last 4 months of development of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader.

The latest developer diary on the front-page was a nice watch.

Last edited:
Last time it came up here, a lot of people were convinced it would be out by the end of this year. I think it was mostly based on the timing of the alpha release.

What was the view on release dates on this one again ? I'm sure I have asked 10 times already, so apologies :O
Owlcat generally release their games around a year after they first announce it. Rogue Trader was announced in June 2022. So by guesswork late 2023 is a possible date.

Bottom-line no official date has been provided by Owlcat yet.

If you want to lead your trade empire to success in the Koronus Expanse, you’ll need to know your allies and enemies. Let us introduce all the main players in the sector to you, with our new Dev Diary!

Get a look at some of the diverse locations (including Commorragh, the Dark City of the Webway) you'll be visiting in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, the upcoming isometric CRPG set in the Warhammer universe from Owlcat Games. Owlcat notes, "With this trailer, the team wants to show how they recreate the iconic Warhammer 40,000 atmosphere from an isometric point of view: gothic architecture, industrial yet dilapidated cities, and straight-up nightmarish penal colonies." Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is in development for PC.

A recent trailer revealed that Comorragh, the Dark City, will be part of the game and I talk about what that reveal could mean in combination with the other Drukhari forces we've seen in the Alpha so far.

RT alpha survey result is out:

I so knew Argenta will top the companion score lol

Our artists worked on this portrait for a long time, and it required a lot of revisions and alterations. But the result was worth it — now you can get into the spirit of Imperium aristocracy. And in the game you can choose a noble background for your Lord Captain as well.

Back
Top Bottom