Warhammer: Chaosbane - Review @ IndianNoob

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IndianNoob checked out the action RPG Warhammer: Chaosbane:

Warhammer: Chaosbane Review (PC) - Loot for the Loot Gods

Warhammer Fantasy always fell behind its more popular little brother, 40K in the world of video games. Granted, there were a few noteworthy titles here and there like Dark Omen and Warhammer: Online but 40K was still the lead choice for licensed video games, both good, bad and terrible. However, there has been a resurgence of video games based on the Warhammer Fantasy settings in the past few years. Games like Vermintide, Total War: Warhammer and Mordheim proved that the Fantasy setting is not to be neglected easily. The latest game to join this line is Warhammer: Chaosbane, the first-ever ARPG in the Warhammer Fantasy setting. Since I'm a big fan of both Warhammer and the ARPG sub-genre, I consider it my moral duty to experience the game to its fullest and let the readers know if it's worth buying.

[...]

Verdict
Warhammer: Chaosbane is an ARPG with a lot of missed opportunities. The enjoyable combat and the well-implemented skill system is ruined by questionable design choices and an overall lack of content. Moreover, Chaosbane really shot itself in the foot with the pricing. It's way off for the content it offers right now and puts Chaosbane in a bind, especially since there are other feature-rich ARPGs less than half its price. Chaosbane has potential, but it will take more than the currently planned post-launch content to bring that potential to the forefront.

Score: 6.4/10
More information.

The first post-launch update is coming next week which adds a new endgame mode and a new patch that adds some graphics settings. Let's see if they can salvage a good game out of it

Back
Top Bottom