Wartales - Community Update #5

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a new community update for Wartales:

Community Update #5 Out Now!

Featuring community requests, new content, reworked features and more!

Attention mercenaries!

The fifth Community Update is here! As usual, the update is based primarily on some of the most prevelant and popular community requests we've been receiving over the last few months, massively changing multiple aspects of the game.

You can watch our Community Update spotlight video to find out what some of the major changes are if you don't have the time to read through the full patchnotes!

[...]
More information.

So I guess it's something like Mount & Blade?

Yep it's more a Battle Brothers clone with a bigger budget and better graphics.

But will it have better gameplay? Battle Brothers will be almost impossible to top in that regard. I can't wait to try Wartales and if it does have better gameplay than Battle Brothers, it will make my top 5 list.

But will it have better gameplay? Battle Brothers will be almost impossible to top in that regard. I can't wait to try Wartales and if it does have better gameplay than Battle Brothers, it will make my top 5 list.
what are the other 4 at the moment?

what are the other 4 at the moment?
My top 5 games would be:
1) Battle Brothers
2) HoMM 3
3) Might and Magic 6
4) Baldurs Gate (I enjoy low lvl D&D more)
5) Temple of Elemental Evil

Outside looking in would be Everquest, Eador Genesis, M&M2, Mount and Blade, Icewind Dale, Wizardry, Pathfinder Kingmaker, and Dark Heart of Uukrul. Skyrim, D&D Online, Civ4, and Bards Tale have to be in there somewhere :) Hard to do a list when you've been playing computer games since 1981. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

My top 5 games would be:
1) Battle Brothers
2) HoMM 3
3) Might and Magic 6
4) Baldurs Gate (I enjoy low lvl D&D more)
5) Temple of Elemental Evil

Outside looking in would be Everquest, Eador Genesis, M&M2, Mount and Blade, Icewind Dale, Wizardry, Pathfinder Kingmaker, and Dark Heart of Uukrul. Skyrim, D&D Online, Civ4, and Bards Tale have to be in there somewhere :) Hard to do a list when you've been playing computer games since 1981. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
oh, that is old skool !
playing games since 1986, but that is even ancient for me. haha ;-)

Nod Hastar, that's a solid list and many of my favourties are on there as well, save maybe for some of the gold box gems.
I didn't play the Gold Box games at release because I was in college then. Didn't have a computer in the dorm. I played them years later and enjoyed them but they were a bit outdated. Great games and I think Solasta is a great spiritual successor.

Back
Top Bottom