Wasteland 3 - Final Countdown

On a not-so-unrelated note, I'm glad Crusader Kings III will be on XBOX PC Game Pass as well :)
Yes I saw this last night I was like, wow!

Free as long as it's part of the catalog and you probably still have to buy most DLC. This is an educated guess after someone recommended Game Pass to me. Only some DLC is free.

I'll probably try it for free then buy it on Steam for mods.

do doo dooo… do do do doo dooooo… du-du doo doooo

Every time.

Possibly the title I've most been looking forward to this year. I still need to replay #2.

Also looking forward to this.

a pibbur who congratulates Drithius with 5003 posts.

Free as long as it's part of the catalog and you probably still have to buy most DLC. This is an educated guess after someone recommended Game Pass to me. Only some DLC is free.

I'll probably try it for free then buy it on Steam for mods.

I have recommended XBOX PC Game Pass here a few times, always saying that usually only the base game is offered in the Pass. But IMHO, choosing between EA (Electronic Arts) Origins, Ubisoft Uplay and XBOX PC Game Pass, I prefer the latter, hands down.

Last edited:
I have recommended XBOX PC Game Pass here a few times, always saying that usually only the base game is offered in the Pass. But IMHO, choosing between EA (Electronic Arts) Origins, Ubisoft Uplay and XBOX PC Game Pass, I prefer the latter, hands down.

Yep, me too.

Just received my CE and I must say… it is great!

So much better than CE for WL2 which was a total disappointment.

I didn't find the WL2 CE that bad really; the tin lunchbox was creative. Still, this newest collector's edition makes me regret not buying it this time around; from what I've seen, it's the best CE for a game that I can recall.

Well, it's German, but...you will, likely get it without understanding the language ^^

As mentioned before, one of the best CEs ever. Especially considering this was like 88€, which is 28€ more than the digital game.

Pretty sure, the production cost alone of that is is beyond 50€.

That's CE is a thing of beauty. The scorpion model is amazing!

That's CE is a thing of beauty. The scorpion model is amazing!

I agree shame you don't get the physical game in a nice DVD case anymore though.:(

Those days are long gone it's usually a download code for Steam.

Last edited:
The only problem I had with Wasteland 2 was the memory leaks, and the companions disappearing that happened in the Director's Cut version. For all that I enjoyed the game.

Wastelands 3 looks to be vastly improved given it was delayed so long.

Edit: Wait I also hated how they removed or changed a few quests in the DC edition.

I didn't realize they did that. I played mostly the original version, at release, and only played ~20 hours of the DC.

The one thing I noticed was the god awful quality of a lot of the voice acting. Some of the worst I've heard in decades. I hope they improved that a whole lot for 3.

I didn't realize they did that. I played mostly the original version, at release, and only played ~20 hours of the DC.

They changed the Highpool's irrigation quest to make it easier, and a few other encounters were made so you couldn't save certain NPCs. Not a big change but it was noticeable.

I will not be playing it on launch date, as I am currently deep into Morrowind playthrough, but will start it as soon as I finish it.

Can't play Wasteland because you are playing Morrowind?
What year is this?

Well his excuse might be one old game. My excuse is I'm currently deep into numerous singleplayer gems, each better than another. No time for mmos.

Well his excuse might be one old game. My excuse is I'm currently deep into numerous singleplayer gems, each better than another. No time for mmos.

While I know you are just trolling at this point, I just wanted to point something out regarding the multiplayer mode for those who don't know:

-You can play with up to 1 other player (total of 2)
-You got a shared inventory
-Saves are on both machines and can be continued in single player or later multiplayer
-You are still limited to your 6 character team, every player can control some of the characters

Source: https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/06/19/everything-you-need-to-know-about-wasteland-3s-co-op

So it's pretty much the same as in Divinity Original Sin 1/2 from that standpoint.

@Kordanor; don't bother he's been calling Wasteland 3 an MMO since Co-Op was announced.

I personally have no interest in playing online or Co-Op but it worked in Original Sin 1&2.

While I know you are just trolling at this point, I just wanted to point something out regarding the multiplayer mode for those who don't know:

-You can play with up to 1 other player (total of 2)
-You got a shared inventory
-Saves are on both machines and can be continued in single player or later multiplayer
-You are still limited to your 6 character team, every player can control some of the characters

Source: https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/06/19/everything-you-need-to-know-about-wasteland-3s-co-op

So it's pretty much the same as in Divinity Original Sin 1/2 from that standpoint.

Kordanor, won't we have couch co-op like D:OS 1 did?

From this article it sounds like there is no couch coop. Also steam doesnt list one.

How sad, I could enjoy a couch coop here with my kid :(

Now I'll have to convince The Old Grognard CouchPotato to make a pair with me :)

They changed the Highpool's irrigation quest to make it easier, and a few other encounters were made so you couldn't save certain NPCs. Not a big change but it was noticeable.

I played that far in the DC, but I went to the other place, the greenhouse, since I did Highpool the first time. So I missed it.

Back
Top Bottom